Tubes for 25mm tyres

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Michael Warner, Mar 27, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    Is the standard 19mm tube (usually marked 19/23C) ok in
    a 25mm tyre? My LBS assures me that it is, but then they
    don't have the 23/25C marked tubes which came with the
    (almost new) bike, so I'm suspicious :)

    --
    bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo/index.html

    Tags:

  2. doug thomas

    doug thomas Guest

    "Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Is the standard 19mm tube (usually marked 19/23C) ok in
    > a 25mm tyre? My LBS assures me that it is, but then they
    > don't have the 23/25C marked tubes which came with the
    > (almost new) bike, so I'm suspicious :)
    >
    > --
    > bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo/index.html

    I would probably look at getting the right sized tube. It may fit but will
    be a little small.

    Doug Thomas

  3. K&C Russell

    K&C Russell Guest

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    Michael Warner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Is the standard 19mm tube (usually marked 19/23C) ok in
    > a 25mm tyre? My LBS assures me that it is, but then they
    > don't have the 23/25C marked tubes which came with the
    > (almost new) bike, so I'm suspicious :)

    Yes, they're fine. I've got a couple here that are also marked 27" x 1".

    --
    Shane Stanley