Tubes

doktordrew

May 10, 2005
I need some tube advise. I have 26 x 1.5 road tires on my bike and have had a few flats recently. All have been leaks near a seam (everywhere is near seam). Weight isn't a real issue, but repairability is. Any partyicular brands out there that have few seams? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

doktordrew said:
I need some tube advise. I have 26 x 1.5 road tires on my bike and have had a few flats recently. All have been leaks near a seam (everywhere is near seam). Weight isn't a real issue, but repairability is. Any partyicular brands out there that have few seams? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
You use sandpaper to work down the raised seam. Then a properly applied patch will work. Easier to carry a spare tube(and a patch kit just in case) and do the patching at home.

i use kenda tubes and have only had one slow leak flat all year. just make sure you keep your tires inflated properly, that should help with pinch flats.

spacefuzz said:
i use kenda tubes and have only had one slow leak flat all year. just make sure you keep your tires inflated properly, that should help with pinch flats.
Maybe the problem is thorns,glass or other sheit.

Since tire pressure plays a big part of possible flats, what is the best pressure to keep your tires at?

Mine specify Max pressure of 120 lbs. So I keep mine around 110 - 115 lbs.
Also I understand that should be a little less if its wet out.

Is the Max a good limit to go by?

GEAX tubes have served me well for some time

repairs are always difficult with a seam and, as someone else has already said, best to sand it off before applying the patch.

Cheers