Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Tubular glue vs activate tape

Started by Paulus · · Last activity · 3 posts · 510 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 December 2004
Last activity
30 December 2004
Original author
Paulus
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
510
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,
    Having made my first attemtp at gluing on some tubulars to my new rims (and
    getting glue everywhere) a net search has found you can get 'activated
    tubular tape'.

    I am skeptical as to the effectiveness of such tape. Does anyone have any
    experience with it? Can you corner as well without the wheels coming off
    etc.

    Cheers
    Paul

  2. "Paulus" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,
    Having made my first attemtp at gluing on some tubulars to my new rims


    (and

    Quoted message said:

    getting glue everywhere) a net search has found you can get 'activated
    tubular tape'.

    I am skeptical as to the effectiveness of such tape. Does anyone have any
    experience with it? Can you corner as well without the wheels coming off
    etc.


    I haven't tried the tape, but I'm sure you'll find, as I did, that with
    practice you'll get less messy gluing the tyres on!!
    Gemm

  3. I've used tape in the past. Didn't roll the tyres. But I think glue is
    better - other than waiting for it to dry it takes less time and it's easier
    to position the tyre accurately. There are several schools of thought on how
    to do it. For example, see
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/mounting-tubulars.html (which is from the
    FAQ) and http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/part3/section-18.html. I
    prefer the second method - I find it easier to avoid getting glue
    everywhere.

    Nick

    "Paulus" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there,
    Having made my first attemtp at gluing on some tubulars to my new rims
    (and
    getting glue everywhere) a net search has found you can get 'activated
    tubular tape'.

    I am skeptical as to the effectiveness of such tape. Does anyone have any
    experience with it? Can you corner as well without the wheels coming off
    etc.

    Cheers
    Paul

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.