Tubular question (I'm being stupid I know)

Bryan

New Member
May 1, 2003
What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)

Now for the real question, I'm currectly using an old pair of tub wheels (from the days when I though tI couls cycle fast :), ad got a problem the other day, when the tyre suddenly developed a 'bulge', I've never had this happen before bu *** is quite disconcerting riding along being bounced up and down each revolution.

Anhyway I need a new tub, and teh wheels are at home, and I;'m at work and abotu to go away for a couple of days on business so would like to have a new one waiting for me at home when i return, the only problem is what size? The rims are Mavic GP4's and I thought they were 700c, however I can't seem to find a 700c tub anywhere online (well for <£20), most of them are listed as 27" would this do? (shows how long ago that I actually bought a new tub doesn't it?)

Any help gratefuly accepted

Bryan

Bryan wrote:
> What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)

You can't smoke a tube?

d.

Bryan wrote:
> What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)

A tube is a type of train that carries people on usually sub-terranean
tracks and a pipe is a device used whilst wearing a smoking jacket and
saying things like, "mother please cover the legs on the mahogany table,
they are inflaming my sexual ardor". It should also be noted that you
are not allowed to use a pipe on the tube.

Bryan wrote:

> Anhyway I need a new tub, and teh wheels are at home, and I;'m at work
> and abotu to go away for a couple of days on business so would like to
> have a new one waiting for me at home when i return, the only problem
> is what size? The rims are Mavic GP4's and I thought they were 700c,
> however I can't seem to find a 700c tub anywhere online (well for
> <£20), most of them are listed as 27" would this do? (shows how long
> ago that I actually bought a new tub doesn't it?)

Standard size tubs put the rims' braking surfaces in the same place as a
700c; however "700c" is French (WOCAB) term for an ISO 622 rim for wire-on
tyres. Not having ever used tubs of that size, I cannot be 100% positive on
this, but I should be very surprised were a 27" tub not the appropriate size
for your rim.

Frozen gorillas can be used to control the temperature of a warm and
stuffy room.

"Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)
>
> Now for the real question, I'm currectly using an old pair of tub
> wheels (from the days when I though tI couls cycle fast :), ad got a
> problem the other day, when the tyre suddenly developed a 'bulge', I've
> never had this happen before bu *** is quite disconcerting riding along
> being bounced up and down each revolution.
>
> Anhyway I need a new tub, and teh wheels are at home, and I;'m at work
> and abotu to go away for a couple of days on business so would like to
> have a new one waiting for me at home when i return, the only problem
> is what size? The rims are Mavic GP4's and I thought they were 700c,
> however I can't seem to find a 700c tub anywhere online (well for
> <£20), most of them are listed as 27" would this do? (shows how long
> ago that I actually bought a new tub doesn't it?)
>
> Any help gratefuly accepted
>
> Bryan

Best give bike shop a call and explain - how old are GP4s? 'cause I vaguely
remember rim dia changing by a
few mm in the early nineties.

I remember using some early eighties I think! Very strong (and heavy...)

G.

On 27 Jul 2005 07:05:37 -0700, "davek" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Bryan wrote:
>> What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)

>You can't smoke a tube?

<Splutter!> :)

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Bryan wrote:
> What is the difference between a tube and a pipe? :)

Ask swagelok, it a favorite sales line of theirs...