Tubular tire sizing question

Aug 19, 2003
Hi

I just picked up a set of Sun Mistral Tubular rims on 28 spoke Specialized hubs (they were cheap and I wanted to try tubulars before $ diving in further) The tires on the rims are Conti Comp Gp 700x19mm but are a bit worn . I was wondering if I have a tire width upper/lower option 19-? mm with tubulars on these rims and if so what is the range. Ty for your time:)))

Nah, tubulars are tubulars, as long as you don't get the 650c option like some time trial bikes. 19mm is pretty narrow, most are about 22 or 23 but they don't usually list the width on the tire, it's something you see in the catalogue to compare tires.

Any 700c tubular tire will fit your rims. Have fun and welcome to the sew-up club.

I have 19mm tubulars on my race wheels ( zipp 303 ) They are indeed narrow and really are for use on road races. I used them on a criterium course the other day and it was a bit hairy on some of the corners as you just run outta tire hahahaha

Get some 700c x 22 or 23 as Diablo suggested and get ready to fly.

Thanks for the info folks:))) <off the store
so I can play . I think I'll go with 22/23 suggestion those 19,s are narrow indeed:)))