Tubular tire sock seat bag

Sir Ridesalot

Guest
A very long time ago I had a long seat bag like thing that held two
folded up tubular tires. This fully enclosed the tires protecting them
from the elements and road grit thrown up by the bicycle wheels. It
mounted to the seat rails with vecro straps.

I would like to get another such sock but haven't seen any in the
bicycle shops around here.

What I want it for is to be able to put a spare 20 - 25mm tube, tire
levers, patch kit, a couple of tools and a coiled 6 feet long bicycle
cable lock in.

If a tire sock is no longer readilly available can someone recommend a
seat bag, preferably with 2 separate compartments that would work.

I hope to spend $25 Cdn or less.

Thanks from Peter

On 31 Jul 2006 20:17:35 -0700, "Sir Ridesalot"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>What I want it for is to be able to put a spare 20 - 25mm tube, tire
>levers, patch kit, a couple of tools and a coiled 6 feet long bicycle
>cable lock in.
>
>If a tire sock is no longer readilly available can someone recommend a
>seat bag, preferably with 2 separate compartments that would work.
>
>I hope to spend $25 Cdn or less.

It wouldn't be difficult to fit most of that stuff in a smallish
pouch. Depending on its size, the cable could present a problem.

Rivendell sells a "banana bag" that is large, expensive and tapered:
http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/webalog/baggage_racks/20082.html

This Pedro's bag boasts 50 cu. in., a quick release and is cheaper:
http://tinyurl.com/jyvag

Whatever bag you choose, store you tubes in an old cotton sock. It
will protect them against abrasion and serve as a glove for handling
the chain while replacing the tube.
--
zk

"Sir Ridesalot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>A very long time ago I had a long seat bag like thing that held two
> folded up tubular tires. This fully enclosed the tires protecting them
> from the elements and road grit thrown up by the bicycle wheels. It
> mounted to the seat rails with vecro straps.
>
> I would like to get another such sock but haven't seen any in the
> bicycle shops around here.
>
> What I want it for is to be able to put a spare 20 - 25mm tube, tire
> levers, patch kit, a couple of tools and a coiled 6 feet long bicycle
> cable lock in.
>
> If a tire sock is no longer readilly available can someone recommend a
> seat bag, preferably with 2 separate compartments that would work.
>
> I hope to spend $25 Cdn or less.
>
> Thanks from Peter

Well there is the TUFO bag
http://www.worldclasscycles.com/spare_tire_bag.htm
Jandd also has what looks like the same thing here
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/z...TANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=1635&CATEGORY.ID=842&MODE=
TriSports seems to have the same type as well
http://www.bizrate.com/bicycles_equipment/mid30515/oid199906048__keyword--bicycle parts.html
There is also different types of tiubular tire bags that pop up on Ebay like
this one for example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VAR-Spare-tube-...8QQihZ016QQcategoryZ56197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
There used to be another kind which had a sort of triangular side profile to
it, but I don't see it at the moment.