Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Tubular Wheel Recommendations

Started by Raffy Varona · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,004 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 March 2012
Last activity
25 March 2012
Original author
Raffy Varona
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,004
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After finding some clinchers to train on, I am now looking for some tubular wheelsets that are below the $3000 price range. I want a tubular wheelset that's stiff and aerodynamic along with being lightweight (Yes, I know tubular wheelsets are light as they are, but I want something very light). Any help would be great. Thanks!

  2. Where are you intending to race these wheels? Hills, flat land, rough roads...

    Unless you were taking in lots of rough roads on races that were longer than 4 hours long, I'd stick with clinchers - something like the HED Jet6 - but if you'd dead set on tubulars for whatever reason I'd go with something like a set of Zipp 404's or HED Stinger 6FR for hill courses but if you're predominantly a flat lander then 808's or the Stinger 9FR. If you're a little guy that rides on flat but windy roads try mixing a set - Stinger 6 front, Stinger 9 back.

    I'm not too sure on the prices for the Zipp wheels but the HED wheels can be had for under 2400 a pair.

  3. Yeah I was planning on using tubulars for crit races on flat and slightly hilly roads. Thanks 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.