Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Tubulars and Clinchers?

Started by Peter Verdesi · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,266 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 September 2004
Last activity
20 September 2004
Original author
Peter Verdesi
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,266
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any problem mixing a tubular tire with a clincher tire (like mixing radial with bias ply tires in a car). Not that I would do this all the time but if I had a flat at a race would it be unsafe to replace the tubular with a clincher? Thanks.

  2. Peter Verdesi said:

    I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any problem mixing a tubular tire with a clincher tire (like mixing radial with bias ply tires in a car). Not that I would do this all the time but if I had a flat at a race would it be unsafe to replace the tubular with a clincher? Thanks.


    I dont think i understand what the problem is? If the wheel has a clincher tyre on it run that, if it has a tubular use that. Mixing a tubular front and clincher rear (or vice versa) is not a problem as far as i can see.

  3. drewjc said:

    I dont think i understand what the problem is? If the wheel has a clincher tyre on it run that, if it has a tubular use that. Mixing a tubular front and clincher rear (or vice versa) is not a problem as far as i can see.


    I'm just wondering if anyone had any negative experience with the combo. The tubulars that I run are at a considerably higher pressure then the clinchers. I'd hate to find out running flat out down a monster hill that it's not stable. Thanks for the reply.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.