Tuesday will be Horner's Day

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Prager, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    Word on the street has Horner in an early break...

    I think he'll make it...

    Cheers,

    KP

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Do you feel stupid now?

  3. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Do you feel stupid now?

    No, he was in an early break but couldn't hang because of Evans' pace.
    Evans rode great today--take him away and it may have been a much
    different result.

  4. On 07/19/2005 03:11 PM, in article [email protected], "Ken
    Prager" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Do you feel stupid now?

    > No, he was in an early break but couldn't hang because of Evans' pace.
    > Evans rode great today--take him away and it may have been a much
    > different result.

    So is this Horner's first or second virtual stage win?

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  5. Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > So is this Horner's first or second virtual stage win?

    Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

  6. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Stewart Fleming wrote:
    > Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    > or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

    And how many moral victories does Lemond have ?

  7. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in news:42dde020$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    > or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

    They're virtually the same.

  8. On 07/20/2005 06:23 AM, in article
    %[email protected], "Tim Mullin"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in news:42dde020$1
    > @clear.net.nz:
    >
    >> Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    >> or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

    > They're virtually the same.

    Not literally or figuratively?

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

  9. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Steven L. Sheffield <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 07/20/2005 06:23 AM, in article
    > %[email protected], "Tim Mullin"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in news:42dde020$1
    >> @clear.net.nz:
    >>
    >>> Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    >>> or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

    >> They're virtually the same.

    > Not literally or figuratively?

    This thread makes me want to explode.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  10. In article <BF039FA8.23E9F%[email protected]>,
    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 07/20/2005 06:23 AM, in article
    > %[email protected], "Tim Mullin"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in news:42dde020$1
    > > @clear.net.nz:
    > >
    > >> Pereiro claimed a "moral victory" in stage 15. Does that count higher
    > >> or lower on the scale than a "virtual win"?

    > > They're virtually the same.

    > Not literally or figuratively?

    Nominally. 3b.
    His nominal place was first. His actual place was second.

    --
    Michael Press