Tufo tire opinions?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dave, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Does anyone have experience with the S22 pro, S33 pro, or S33 special?
    There's a big variability in price between these three models (the S33
    special goes for double what the S22 costs), but I'm curious as to
    whether there's much difference in terms of comfort, cornering, or flat
    resistance.

    Tags:

  2. david

    david Guest

    I have the s33 pro and s22. I like them, and they are pretty nice tires. The
    main difference is quality and weight. The tread pattern is slightly
    different as well.
    Overall, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

    david

    > Does anyone have experience with the S22 pro, S33 pro, or S33 special?
    > There's a big variability in price between these three models (the S33
    > special goes for double what the S22 costs), but I'm curious as to
    > whether there's much difference in terms of comfort, cornering, or flat
    > resistance.

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience with the S22 pro, S33 pro, or S33 special?
    > There's a big variability in price between these three models (the S33
    > special goes for double what the S22 costs), but I'm curious as to
    > whether there's much difference in terms of comfort, cornering, or flat
    > resistance.

    Material. The thread counts are pretty low on the cheapest -
    S22, S33- models , 60tpi. The S33Pro is 120tpi, typical of
    better tires. Look again- you can see that clearly if
    you hold them against one another.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org