General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Tuna casserole -raw noodles question

Started by hob · · Last activity · 4 posts · 417 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 February 2006
Last activity
1 March 2006
Original author
hob
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
417
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Before I go off trying to duplicate an old lost family recipe: does anyone
    have a recipe for tuna-noodle hot dish that uses uncooked (egg) noodles,
    canned tuna, mushroom soup, and milk/water?

    The prep was mix them together and put them in the oven and bake uncovered.

    And/or: any leads/ideas/experience on how much liquid is absorbed by
    cooking the noodles and lost during baking, in such a mix?

    thanx..

    --
    ------

  2. i hope someone posts about this........................

    "hob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Before I go off trying to duplicate an old lost family recipe: does
    anyone
    have a recipe for tuna-noodle hot dish that uses uncooked (egg) noodles,
    canned tuna, mushroom soup, and milk/water?

    The prep was mix them together and put them in the oven and bake
    uncovered.

    And/or: any leads/ideas/experience on how much liquid is absorbed by
    cooking the noodles and lost during baking, in such a mix?

    thanx..

    --
    ------

  3. On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:52:20 -0600, in rec.food.cooking, "hob"
    <[email hidden]> hit the crackpipe and declared:

    Quoted message said:

    Before I go off trying to duplicate an old lost family recipe: does anyone
    have a recipe for tuna-noodle hot dish that uses uncooked (egg) noodles,
    canned tuna, mushroom soup, and milk/water?

    lol....that's an old lost family recipe?

  4. hob said:

    Before I go off trying to duplicate an old lost family recipe: does anyone
    have a recipe for tuna-noodle hot dish that uses uncooked (egg) noodles,
    canned tuna, mushroom soup, and milk/water?

    The prep was mix them together and put them in the oven and bake uncovered.

    And/or: any leads/ideas/experience on how much liquid is absorbed by
    cooking the noodles and lost during baking, in such a mix?


    I've never used it, but I've seen a product in the supermarket called
    Tuna Helper, which I believe is dry noodles. Perhaps you could look at
    the instructions on that and get an idea of a liquid to noodles ratio.
    Might be worth a try, although it's not clear why you want to. My
    mom's tuna casserole recipe is also lost and my sister and I are quite
    grateful for that. -aem

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.