Tuning Up

bennyf

Jun 3, 2006
Hey ppl,

I wrote a thread earlier about converting the time trial setup of my cervelo dual into a simple road set-up (because i am doing more road riding).. Am really happy with how it has turned out, but need some advice on tuning because since replacing the gear cables it keeps skipping the second-biggest gear at the back, going from first to third... (sorry for lay-man's language) That's the only gear i'm having problems with, it changes quite smoothly into the others...

Does anyone have any good articles on tuning up a bike? Or simple adjustments?

I'm enjoying the learning as i go process of doing this all myself, so the LBS isn't an option yet.. :p

Cheers. :)

It's very possible that the rear derailleur limit adjustment isn't quite right. The chain might be barely sitting on the last cog and then very eagerly jump down an extra cog when you shift. Check the Park Tool website for information on how to properly set the limit adjustments.

John Swanson

bennyf said:
Hey ppl,

I wrote a thread earlier about converting the time trial setup of my cervelo dual into a simple road set-up (because i am doing more road riding).. Am really happy with how it has turned out, but need some advice on tuning because since replacing the gear cables it keeps skipping the second-biggest gear at the back, going from first to third... (sorry for lay-man's language) That's the only gear i'm having problems with, it changes quite smoothly into the others...

I'm enjoying the learning as i go process of doing this all myself, so the LBS isn't an option yet.. :p

Cheers. :)

bennyf said:
Hey ppl,

but need some advice on tuning because since replacing the gear cables it keeps skipping the second-biggest gear at the back, going from first to third... (sorry for lay-man's language) That's the only gear i'm having problems with, it changes quite smoothly into the others...

:)
Shift to 2nd gear, if it jumps to 3rd rotate the der cable adjuster clockwise till it shifts to 2nd.