Turbo trainer plan for winter

andyanansu

Sep 10, 2004
Hi, can someone point me to somewhere where I can get some training plans for the turbo?
I've just got my 1st turbo for a few weeks. :)
Thanks

andyanansu said:
Hi, can someone point me to somewhere where I can get some training plans for the turbo?
I've just got my 1st turbo for a few weeks. :)
Thanks
Your turbo trainer's out of shape? Get on it and ride. The training stimulous will kick up its fitness level amazingly quickly. It'll be able to keep up with you in no time at all.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

OK to be serious, without more knowledge of your setup, fitness level, and goals it'd be really hard to recommend much more than for you to:
- Get on and ride hard on days you feel good and ride easy or rest on days you don't.
- Avoid overdoing it with too much intensity and/or hours on the trainer because you don't want to peak in March.

If your goals are such that you need a plan I'd suggest you consider working with a coach. The off season is a great time to get to know a coach, much better than after the season has started in earnest.

rollers said:
Your turbo trainer's out of shape? Get on it and ride. The training stimulous will kick up its fitness level amazingly quickly. It'll be able to keep up with you in no time at all.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

OK to be serious, without more knowledge of your setup, fitness level, and goals it'd be really hard to recommend much more than for you to:
- Get on and ride hard on days you feel good and ride easy or rest on days you don't.
- Avoid overdoing it with too much intensity and/or hours on the trainer because you don't want to peak in March.

If your goals are such that you need a plan I'd suggest you consider working with a coach. The off season is a great time to get to know a coach, much better than after the season has started in earnest.
Hi,
I rode MTB before, and just started to became a Beginner Triathlete :rolleyes:,
got a road bike a month ago, and I've been twice with the sunday club rides, they lasts around 3-4 hours averaging 16-18 mile per hour, total 40-50 miles per session.
I have a Elite Volare air fan turbo.
Thanks for any helps.
Andy