Turbo Training Recipe Book (I mean thread)

2LAP

Feb 22, 2002
Winter will be soon here in the UK :mad: and many people are turning to their turbos already!!!! :(

Whats your favourite turbo sessions?

Whats your most enjoyable session?

Whats your most effective session?

Please add your favourite turbo training session to the 'Turbo Training Recipe Book'.

Here is one for starters...

After a 15 minute warm up complete 4 to 6 intervals of 2 1/2 minutes long with 2 1/2 minutes off. Finish off with a 15 minute cool down. Ride the efforts as hard as possible, starting explosivly and then sprinting every time you notice the pace dropping off (i.e. giving 550%).

This is my favourite session, although too hard to be enjoyable it brings great improvements and is definately one to try (particularly if your a master of pain like me!).

It's a boring one but:
Warm up ~10 minutes; then
Alternating intervals of 2 minute hard (HR at least 80% max) then 2 minutes easy for at least 20 minutes total seems to work fairly well for me.

All "recipes" require a fan and good music to make me go longer than 45 minutes though.

Hi,

I'm a newbie rider, 2yrs of dedicated effort. One thing that puzzles me is about interval training is: where do they get these numbers from? Like 2 mins on,2 mins off, six times.
I mean, I don't question the method or its proponents, it's
just sheer curiosity (and since I'm not a cat it should do no harm) .

Enjoy
Pavel

Originally posted by 2LAP
Winter will be soon here in the UK :mad: and many people are turning to their turbos already!!!! :(

Please add your favourite turbo training session to the 'Turbo Training Recipe Book'.

Favourite session? A online group ride with others on their trainers! Group riding indoors in freezing cold January nights is great fun. :)

What the heck am I on about? NetAthlon! See http://www.fitcentric.com/. Costs about US$ 100 if you have a suitable mag trainer that can adjust load.

Originally posted by 2LAP

one of my favourites is really painful. warm up for a good 15-20 minutes, making sure that you do a couple of light sprints to get yourself ready.

then for four minutes a set, sprint 15 seconds on, take 15 seconds off. start at 2 set of 4 minutes each, and work up to four sets. make sure you cool down really well, and quite thoroughly. you do not want ot end up getting headaches after this workout.

I just bought a new exercise bike and I've got back into my exercise routine, at the moment I'm doing 45 minute rides at 160 BPM(80%).

I try ride the whole ride at a constant 160, then the last 3 minutes are a mad sprint, where the HR goes up as high as 195.

Originally posted by ozzult1
I just bought a new exercise bike and I've got back into my exercise routine, at the moment I'm doing 45 minute rides at 160 BPM(80%).

I try ride the whole ride at a constant 160, then the last 3 minutes are a mad sprint, where the HR goes up as high as 195.

Geez, my max. HR is only 168.