Turkey - Spring Cycling... Ankara to Istambul

wakemane

Feb 3, 2011
Hello fellow tourers! I'm lucky enough to be living in Spain at the moment but am looking to get out and do a bit of touring in Turkey for a couple of weeks at the end of April.

There are some great deals on flights that i'm looking to purchase maybe after i get some of your much appreciated advice on a route to take.

My plan is to fly into Ankara the 17th of April and fly out 2 weeks later from Istambul. I've read one thread on this site that lists one
possible route that is "beautiful" but aside from this suggestion i have yet to find anything more... here it is (my route would be in reverse):

Ferry from Istanbul to Yalova.... then cycle via Orhangazi, Iznik, Geyve and Nallihan to Beypazar and then to Ankara.

It wouldnt take 2 weeks but it would give me time to explore both Istambul and Ankara and take my time along the way...

Since i have 2 weeks, (and I could theoretically land in Istambul and fly out of Ankara), I would love to hear any opinions as to routes you recommend, and places to see; if anyone would be interested in riding with me a leg of the journey, i would be elated....

I've read it's easy to take bikes on buses in Turkey, and if if there is a can't miss week-long route you may recommend i'm all ears :)

Thanks riderzzz