Turner vs. Ellsworth?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michaelr, Jun 2, 2003.

  1. Michaelr

    Michaelr Guest

    Burner or Truth. I am considering one of thes frames, any feedback out there on either of these?
    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Martin

    Martin Guest

    michaelR <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Burner or Truth. I am considering one of thes frames, any feedback out there on either of these?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Truth is a very light, very responsive, smooth ride. Especially with a Romic twin tube shock, in
    place of the Fox Float standard shock Martin

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (martin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > michaelR <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Burner or Truth. I am considering one of thes frames, any feedback out there on either of these?
    > > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Truth is a very light, very responsive, smooth ride. Especially with a Romic twin tube shock, in
    > place of the Fox Float standard shock Martin

    Then you get to deal with Ellsworth's infamous customer service. Oh joy.

    JD

  4. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On 3 Jun 2003 12:07:58 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >[email protected] (martin) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> michaelR <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > Burner or Truth. I am considering one of thes frames, any feedback out there on either of
    >> > these? Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Truth is a very light, very responsive, smooth ride. Especially with a Romic twin tube shock, in
    >> place of the Fox Float standard shock Martin
    >
    >Then you get to deal with Ellsworth's infamous customer service. Oh joy.
    >
    >JD

    here's hoping I don't have to :) I'll leave it to the "not so L"BS if there's a problem

    Martin

  5. On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:19:53 +0100, [email protected] wrote:

    >On 3 Jun 2003 12:07:58 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    >>[email protected] (martin) wrote in message
    >>news:<[email protected]>...
    >>>
    >>> Truth is a very light, very responsive, smooth ride. Especially with a Romic twin tube shock, in
    >>> place of the Fox Float standard shock Martin
    >>
    >>Then you get to deal with Ellsworth's infamous customer service. Oh joy.
    >>
    >>JD
    >
    >here's hoping I don't have to :) I'll leave it to the "not so L"BS if there's a problem

    You will have to deal with Ellsworth.

    Keep your fingers crossed.

  6. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >I am considering one of thes frames, any feedback out there on either of these?

    If you go with the Ellsworth, you should take steps (like buying from somebody who has a good
    history of going to bat for their customers) to insulate yourself from Ellsworth's customer
    "service". I don't want to demonize them - just observe that, in my unfortunate personal experience
    they are way, way out of their league when trying to deal with the general public.
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  7. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:32:05 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:19:53 +0100, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>On 3 Jun 2003 12:07:58 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    snip

    >>>Then you get to deal with Ellsworth's infamous customer service. Oh joy.
    >>>
    >>>JD
    >>
    >>here's hoping I don't have to :) I'll leave it to the "not so L"BS if there's a problem
    >
    >You will have to deal with Ellsworth.
    >
    >Keep your fingers crossed.

    At last count I had 8 fingers and 10 toes crossed, interfers with the riding a little :)
    cheers Martin