tv coverage for giro?

rodman123

May 14, 2004
Does anyone know of a subscription channel or a way to get Eurosport channel on Direct TV to watch the Giro? Since OLN decided to be 24 hours of a couple of fat dudes sitting in a duck blind I am bumming. Also does anyone know of a bike shop in or around Girona Spain that does high end road bike rentals? Any info would be groovy.

rodman123 said:
Does anyone know of a subscription channel or a way to get Eurosport channel on Direct TV to watch the Giro? Since OLN decided to be 24 hours of a couple of fat dudes sitting in a duck blind I am bumming. Also does anyone know of a bike shop in or around Girona Spain that does high end road bike rentals? Any info would be groovy.

You can get the feed at OLNtv.com for $6 (for the whole Giro). Quality is good for internet. I've watched everyday this week. Hard to tell who's in the break when you can't read the numbers and don't have a commentator, but combine with cyclingnews.com live coverage and it's not bad. Good replays of the finishes, though it helps a lot if you are up on jersey colors. It's not TV but it's better than nothing.

rodman123 said:

I was in Barcelona/Girona last September.
While Mrs Limerickman was away shopping on two afternoons, I tried hiring a roadbike to kill time instead of traipsing round the shops with her.
No bike shop in Girona or Barcelona hired roadbikes. You could hire a hybrid no problem but not a roadbike.
If you prefer roadbikes, bring your own, I suggest.

tcklyde said:
You can get the feed at OLNtv.com for $6 (for the whole Giro). Quality is good for internet. I've watched everyday this week. Hard to tell who's in the break when you can't read the numbers and don't have a commentator, but combine with cyclingnews.com live coverage and it's not bad. Good replays of the finishes, though it helps a lot if you are up on jersey colors. It's not TV but it's better than nothing.
Pay for the OLN feed, and listen simultaneously to Eurosport.com for audio for free. I found that getting the sound running before opening the video feed let the two sync up perfectly. I accidentaly closed out the video feed browser once, and when I got it up running again the video I was watching was about 20 seconds behind the feed Eurosport was commenting on. (Annoying to hear who won the sprint before I saw them round the last turn.)