TV Show Wants Bike Bloopers!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike B., Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Mike B.

    Mike B. Guest

    Dear Bikers,

    My name is Mike Burns and I'm working on a new clip show for The Outdoor Life Channel. The show is
    very similar to "Americas Funniest Home Videos" We are looking for funny, goofy, silly video clips
    and bloopers.

    If you have any footage/video that fits into this category – I would LOVE to see it ASAP! We plan on
    airing the show in September and we are on a VERY tight deadline!

    Best,

    Mike Burns Director of Research

    PS - We pay GOOD mopney if we end up using your video on air!

    Tags:

  2. Let me get this straight....everyone now riding bent is on a mission to convert DF cyclists to the
    Darkside and Mike Burns wants Blooper videos showing Recumbent riders. Everyday of my cycling life
    is a series of bloopers, but I cannot see too many of the UN-bent eager to buy their first bent
    after seeing us riders making asses out of ourselves on National TV. I guess my most memorable
    blooper was parking my CLWB next to a line of about 20 choppers belonging to the Hells Angels and
    someone banged my rear wheel and my kickstand gave out and I watched in slow motion a domino effect
    as every Harley went over. I begged foregiveness and offered to beat myself up, but the bikers said
    it was not a problem. I like to think there was a bond re: we all being cyclists, but I suspect all
    those Police across the street watching made punching out a bent cyclist a bad idea....and NO I
    don't have a video of it.
    -------------------------------
    "Mike B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dear Bikers,
    >
    > My name is Mike Burns and I'm working on a new clip show for The Outdoor Life Channel. The show is
    > very similar to "Americas Funniest Home Videos" We are looking for funny, goofy, silly video clips
    > and bloopers.
    >
    > If you have any footage/video that fits into this category - I would LOVE to see it ASAP! We plan
    > on airing the show in September and we are on a VERY tight deadline!
    >

    > Best,
    >
    > Mike Burns Director of Research
    >
    > PS - We pay GOOD mopney if we end up using your video on air!

  3. "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I guess my most memorable blooper was parking my CLWB next to a line of about 20 choppers
    > belonging to the Hells Angels and someone banged my rear wheel and my kickstand gave out and I
    > watched in slow motion a domino
    effect
    > as every Harley went over.

    Here's a blooper for ya' http://www.scheel.net/ronni.jpg

  4. [email protected] (Mike B.) wrote in message
    news:<67b7[email protected]>...
    > Dear Bikers,
    >
    > My name is Mike Burns and I'm working on a new clip show for The Outdoor Life Channel.

    I read a previous thread about Outdoor Life Channel. I sure wish we could get it in Santa Cruz, CA.

    The show is very similar to "Americas Funniest
    > Home Videos" We are looking for funny, goofy, silly video clips and bloopers.

    I have hundreds of bloopers that I hope are not on film! speed bumps sending me in the air, taking a
    turn way too fast and rolling sideways off into a field, ruining a good fairing in * one * day (the
    asphalt won that one), ... etc.,, etc., etc.

    > If you have any footage/video that fits into this category ? I would LOVE to see it ASAP! We plan
    > on airing the show in September and we are on a VERY tight deadline!

    As said: I would LOVE to see the show. Thanks for letting me know it will be out there,

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    > Best,
    >
    > Mike Burns Director of Research
    >
    > PS - We pay GOOD mopney if we end up using your video on air!

  5. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    Outdoor Life Channel? Never heard of it. Outdoor Life Network, yes. Outdoor Channel, ditto.

    Why no contact info connecting you with said channel? Yahoo email? No address? No phone number?

  6. Seth Jayson wrote:

    > Outdoor Life Channel? Never heard of it. Outdoor Life Network, yes. Outdoor Channel, ditto.
    >
    > Why no contact info connecting you with said channel? Yahoo email? No address? No phone number?
    >

    > and I'm working on a new clip show for The
    >> Outdoor Life Channel. The show is very similar to "Americas Funniest Home Videos"

    No to mention the "mopney".

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Where were you yesterday? See Moral/ethical/egotistical/testosternical dilema thread posted 6/18!