Tweel

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by T, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. fexnix

    fexnix Guest

  2. vanman2004

    vanman2004 Guest

  3. cyberpunk

    cyberpunk Guest

    Someone posted a link about this a little while ago, personaly I think
    this will be great for cars, wheelchairs, ect. But I don't see it
    working very welll for SUV's, motorcycles, and unicycles, the tires are
    just to flat, and they don't have that 180 semi circle tread a normal
    tire does, although they could just have a flat peice of tread on the
    tire, and the wheel could bend sideways to adjust for where the ground
    is, although they showed this technology being used on rough terain, I
    noticed it was never shown on a motorcycle, nor uneaven terrain making
    me think there isn't much sideways bend for the tires. My other concern
    for unicycles would be no bounce for hopping.

    But I could, and would like to be wrong, this would make certain things
    on unicycles much nicer, and more sturdy. imagin your tires having a ID,
    that would just be cool, you could have drasticly diffrent sized hubs,
    and would make clutched and geared hubs alot easier to make.

    --
    cyberpunk - Bruwahaha

    The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

    "Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

    cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

  4. UniBrier

    UniBrier Guest

    'de' (http://tinyurl.com/7qsxv) 'ja' (http://tinyurl.com/bbzz2) 'vu'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9j6qx)

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve

    Hop Drop & Roll

    “If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
    stick that guitar in the closet next to your
    shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
    inside and watch TV.” – Homer
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  5. T

    T Guest

    A little carbon fiber here and there would go a long way.

  6. mango

    mango Guest

    vanman2004 wrote:
    > *It's like smartWheels in "Snow Crash".
    >
    > That's an awesome book, btw.
    >

    > "Chiseled Spam" *

    Youre my hero! haha

    I tried to start a Neil Stephenson thread in JC a while back but it sped
    off to page 2 real fast. :D

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    *Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  7. vanman2004

    vanman2004 Guest

    mango wrote:
    > *Youre my hero! haha
    >
    > I tried to start a Neil Stephenson thread in JC a while back but it
    > sped off to page 2 real fast. :D *

    He's really awesome. Have you read "In the Beginning Was the Command
    Line?"

    That is one of the best essays / short books I have ever read, and I
    still re-read it at least two or three times a year.

    I started the Baroque Cycle, but as Neal gets older he seems to be
    getting more boring, too :(.

    --
    vanman2004 - ...
    vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184