Twin Cities Marathon 10-5-03

B

Brian Jones

Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42). I
would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much here in
the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!

Brian Jones

Brian,

I just completed my first marathon at age 30 back on Sept 20th. at the Air Force Marathon. I didn't
push myself and just relaxed and enjoyed it. Best of luck in your endeavor to conquer 26.2! Let us
know how you do.

Dave

"Brian Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my
first
> (at age (almost) 42). I would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I
> have learned much here in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out
> of a marathon!
>
> Brian Jones

Brian Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42). I
> would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much here
> in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!

good luck, brian. if and when you hit the wall, think of the pizza (replace with favorite food) that
awaits consumption after the race.

jobs

[email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Brian Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42).
> > I would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much
> > here in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!
>
> good luck, brian. if and when you hit the wall, think of the pizza (replace with favorite food)
> that awaits consumption after the race.
>
> jobs

Jobs:

Thanks. I am hoping the book and method work as well for me as they did for you. Pizza. Yes, a very
good idea.

I will let you know.

Brian Jones

Hey Brian: I'll be there for my 8th time. First time I ran TC we were turning left off of East River
Road and heading up this killer hill to Summit Avenue. I asked where we were and one of the runners
around me said to look for the dome of the Cathedral. Its at the very end of the course (.2 of a
mile left.) So, look for the dome and the run is nearly done. Its a great event. Have fun time.
Don't go out too fast. Drink your water. Take along some tootsie rolls for fuel. Get to the
MetroDome at about 7:20 and soak in all of the sights - its great! Scott in Austin MN "Brian Jones"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Brian Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my
first
> > > (at age (almost) 42). I would very much appreciate the good thoughts
and
> > > prayers of all of you. I have learned much here in the past couple of years, but I didn't
> > > learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!
> >
> > good luck, brian. if and when you hit the wall, think of the pizza (replace with favorite food)
> > that awaits consumption after the race.
> >
> > jobs
>
> Jobs:
>
> Thanks. I am hoping the book and method work as well for me as they did for you. Pizza. Yes, a
> very good idea.
>
> I will let you know.
>
> Brian Jones