Twin Cities Marathon 10-5-03

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Brian Jones, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Brian Jones

    Brian Jones Guest

    Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42). I
    would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much here in
    the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!

    Brian Jones

    Tags:

  2. David Drake

    David Drake Guest

    Brian,

    I just completed my first marathon at age 30 back on Sept 20th. at the Air Force Marathon. I didn't
    push myself and just relaxed and enjoyed it. Best of luck in your endeavor to conquer 26.2! Let us
    know how you do.

    Dave

    "Brian Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my
    first
    > (at age (almost) 42). I would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I
    > have learned much here in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out
    > of a marathon!
    >
    > Brian Jones

  3. jobin

    jobin Guest

    Brian Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42). I
    > would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much here
    > in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!

    good luck, brian. if and when you hit the wall, think of the pizza (replace with favorite food) that
    awaits consumption after the race.

    jobs

  4. Brian Jones

    Brian Jones Guest

    > Brian Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anybody else running this Sunday in Minneapolis/St. Paul? This is my first (at age (almost) 42).
    > > I would very much appreciate the good thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have learned much
    > > here in the past couple of years, but I didn't learn enough to stay the heck out of a marathon!
    >
    > good luck, brian. if and when you hit the wall, think of the pizza (replace with favorite food)
    > that awaits consumption after the race.
    >
    > jobs

    Jobs:

    Thanks. I am hoping the book and method work as well for me as they did for you. Pizza. Yes, a very
    good idea.

    I will let you know.

    Brian Jones

  5. Hey Brian: I'll be there for my 8th time. First time I ran TC we were turning left off of East River
    Road and heading up this killer hill to Summit Avenue. I asked where we were and one of the runners
    around me said to look for the dome of the Cathedral. Its at the very end of the course (.2 of a
    mile left.) So, look for the dome and the run is nearly done. Its a great event. Have fun time.
    Don't go out too fast. Drink your water. Take along some tootsie rolls for fuel. Get to the
    MetroDome at about 7:20 and soak in all of the sights - its great! Scott in Austin MN "Brian Jones"