Twitchy Muscle

Peter Main

Guest
I did a 200 Audax two weeks ago that I was not really prepared for, found it
very hard, especially the last two hours. After two weeks have got over the
fatigue but I now have a twitchy muscle on the rhs of my knee. No soreness
or pain, it just twitches all the time to the point where it is keeping me
awake. I can't find any reference to this anywhere, does anyone out there
know what it is and if I can do anything about it. Massage and warm baths
seem to help.

Pete

> Massage and warm baths seem to help.

Sounds like a perfect excuse. Pray that it never fully goes away.

I tend to find I get twitchy muscles when my salt balance is out. Eating a
packet of crisps, bananas or similar helps. Strange but true.

Nick

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:06:54 GMT, Paul Rudin <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Nick Drew" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> ... packet of crisps, bananas or similar ...

>So what is similar to a packet of crisps and bananas? :)

A packet of dried banana slices.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Dave Kahn wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:06:54 GMT, Paul Rudin <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Nick Drew" <[email protected]> writes:
>>

>>>... packet of crisps, bananas or similar ...

>>So what is similar to a packet of crisps and bananas? :)

> A packet of dried banana slices.

I was about to buy some of these the other week, they seemed
like good riding snacks. A quick glance at the back of the
pack put me off - they were 28% saturated fat! And this is
supposed to be a healthly alternative, from Holland & Barret.

Are they dried, or deep fried?!?

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Paul Rudin said:
"Nick Drew" <[email protected]> writes:

> ... packet of crisps, bananas or similar ...

So what is similar to a packet of crisps and bananas? :)

Salted bananas from your local backwards corner shop? Mmmmm, making me hungry.

In message <[email protected]>, Jeremy Collins
<[email protected]> writes
>Dave Kahn wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:06:54 GMT, Paul Rudin <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>So what is similar to a packet of crisps and bananas? :)

>> A packet of dried banana slices.

>I was about to buy some of these the other week, they seemed
>like good riding snacks. A quick glance at the back of the
>pack put me off - they were 28% saturated fat! And this is
>supposed to be a healthly alternative, from Holland & Barret.
>
>Are they dried, or deep fried?!?

They are fried.
--
Julian