two a days in cyclingpeaks?

gregkeller

Jul 22, 2003
I just started my buildup for 2007 and i had a question about cyclingpeaks. Unfortunately i'm not at my home computer so i can't fool around with it, but i'm going to start doing 2 a days, at least 4 days a week. The morning workout is only going to be about 30-40 minutes on the computrainer, but i would still like to track it in cycling peaks for the purpose of using the PMC. Is this possible. The only time i've had two seperate workouts is when i've sat in the coffee shop too long on a ride and when i upload to cycling peaks it puts it was one ride with a 30 minute break in between. These rides would be close to 10 or 12 hours apart, so does it work, and do i have to do anything special, or just load them up, and cycling peaks with know what to do? Thanks for help with the rather simple question.

gregkeller said:
I just started my buildup for 2007 and i had a question about cyclingpeaks. Unfortunately i'm not at my home computer so i can't fool around with it, but i'm going to start doing 2 a days, at least 4 days a week. The morning workout is only going to be about 30-40 minutes on the computrainer, but i would still like to track it in cycling peaks for the purpose of using the PMC. Is this possible. The only time i've had two seperate workouts is when i've sat in the coffee shop too long on a ride and when i upload to cycling peaks it puts it was one ride with a 30 minute break in between. These rides would be close to 10 or 12 hours apart, so does it work, and do i have to do anything special, or just load them up, and cycling peaks with know what to do? Thanks for help with the rather simple question.

WKO+ (formerly CyclingPeaks) will know what to do (although if the files aren't time-stamped by your powermeter's computer, you'll have to manually separate them).

Yes, you can have multiple workouts for the same day. Alternatively, you can combine the workouts (drag and drop the 2nd workout on top of the first workout). If you have two workouts for the same day and export the files, it gives the 2nd and subsequent files the default name plus "_n" where n is 2 or 3 or whatever.

Once you download your files to WKO+ you can designate the file name that you'd like them saved as. I typically add AM or PM to the end of my default file names to signify morning or afternoon rides. ex. name 10_23_06pm

notruthless said:
Once you download your files to WKO+ you can designate the file name that you'd like them saved as. I typically add AM or PM to the end of my default file names to signify morning or afternoon rides. ex. name 10_23_06pm
I am working on an application that works with WKO+ export files (for subsequent processing). My app assumes the default naming convention. You may or may not eventually want to use this app. Just a heads up.

I figured this was the case. I just go to file, open and find the file from my computrainer session (the am session will always be on the computrainer) so this is easy. I like the idea to just add an am or pm to it. Thanks guys, appreciate the quick reply.

Just make sure you don't accidentally clear the computer at the start of the second ride. Switch to interval mode (hold down 'mode' button for 2 seconds) if you only want to view the second ride's stats.