Two blood related questions in support of Vino

jsull14

Nov 26, 2005
I am a huge Vino fan and totally bummed by all this. But it's clear from this picture that Vino left a half pint on the roads. Is this loss of blood significant enough to make a difference in endurance, and if so, should he be allowed to inject some blood to be at the same level as other riders? And with all of his open gashes and bandages, etc is the lab more prone to error?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/tour07/tour075/DV208373

Jeez, I don't know. That doesn't look like a half pint to me. Seriously, I bet you can't even fill a thimble with what's on him.

It looks like a lot, but...

When the sweat and the blood mix together and it runs down your shins like that... I've hit the deck that hard and got back in the race.

I don't think so, but I'm hearing you.

jsull14 said:
I am a huge Vino fan and totally bummed by all this. But it's clear from this picture that Vino left a half pint on the roads. Is this loss of blood significant enough to make a difference in endurance, and if so, should he be allowed to inject some blood to be at the same level as other riders? And with all of his open gashes and bandages, etc is the lab more prone to error?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/tour07/tour075/DV208373
Wtf are you trying to say?:D

adamastor said:
Wtf are you trying to say?:D
I'm trying to say that I am an emotional wreck without my Vino. I wanted to see him win the final TT by 2 minutes. I was real ****** last year when he was left out cuz I felt he was a victim of circumstance. Now this.

No. Its against the rules. He didn't do it to compensate for the small amount of blood loss. He did it to cheat.

jsull14 said:

jsull14 said:

No its definately against the rules. I cant see how the lab could make an error on this either I m affraid. Anyway you ll get a second reading on thursday, if he had two types of red blood cells after winning stage 13 they should also be detected after stage 15. He won both so he's checked on both.

Cant understand why he did it though.. I mean.. If you are planning to dope during the tour and are going to inject blood then why on earth did he not use his own red blood cells? He sure as hell wouldnt be the only one doing so and if he'd just be carefull to keep his hematocrit levels under 50 it could never be detected.

It can be that they didnt bring any of his own, or maybe that he had already used it up after the crash and so resorted to the next best thing. But damn.. He should have known this was very likely to be detected, he risked so much here. Temporary insanity I d say.

Am sorry for Vino though. He is a warrior and regardless of the idiotic move he made her he has a lot of courage and spirit. Guess he couldnt cope with riding his final tour in the 2nd league of riders and chose to risk all to have a chance of reliving some of that glory that warriors are addicted to.

He risked all and lost.. I hope he will come forward with the whole story after he sees there is no point in denying anymore. I mean.. If the B result shows the same thing and the results from the 15th show the same thing than he must see that denying is pointless and that he can prove himself to have courage one last time by just coming forward with all of it.