Two gills short of a pint

Mike Causer

Guest
For a while I thought that half_pint is what is called in A Place I Will
Not Name a "froggery". That is, someone who is already pretty
familiar with the goings-on and uses an assumed name to push all the
well-known hot-buttons of the assembled company. But not sufficiently
outrageous (or several warps short of a mooring) to be universally
killfiled.

But a bit of Googling on the supposed email address shows it to be a
valid and published one. It also shows that half_pint has been using
that address this year in various computer-oriented fora.

The actual owner of the address is described like this on her company
website:

[redacted] Joint Managing Director, [redacted] UK

[redacted] has been with [redacted] for over 16 years, working
with a wide range of clients. Along with [redacted], she took on
the role of Joint Managing Director for the UK company in August 1998
and, at the same time, became a main Board Director. She is married
with two teenage sons.

Q. What was your first job? A. Management trainee for British Rail.

Q. What's the best and worst thing about your current job? A. The
best thing about working for [redacted] has to be working with
such a great group of people. The worst thing is that there are never
enough hours in the day.

Q. What do you consider is your best attribute? A. My friends tell
me I have an outrageous sense of humor. You need one to be me!

Q. Who do you admire? A. People who know exactly what they want and
organize their lives to achieve it.

Q. How has the company changed? A. Its growth. It's become huge and
world famous.

Q. What would you change about yourself? A. I'd get younger.

Q. How do you relax? A. You're kidding - with teenage boys?!

Q. What are your priorities? A. To enjoy life - it's not a
rehearsal!

So, the question still unresolved: is "half_pint" really the true
owner enjoying her "outragous sense of humour", or one of the teenage
sons who will be thankful that spanking is now illegal when his mum
finds out?

Mike

Mike Causer wrote:
> For a while I thought that half_pint is what is called in A Place I Will
> Not Name a "froggery". That is, someone who is already pretty
> familiar with the goings-on and uses an assumed name to push all the
> well-known hot-buttons of the assembled company. But not sufficiently
> outrageous (or several warps short of a mooring) to be universally
> killfiled.
>
> But a bit of Googling on the supposed email address shows it to be a
> valid and published one. It also shows that half_pint has been using
> that address this year in various computer-oriented fora.
>
> The actual owner of the address is described like this on her company
> website:
>
> [redacted] Joint Managing Director, [redacted] UK
>
> [redacted] has been with [redacted] for over 16 years, working
> with a wide range of clients. Along with [redacted], she took on
> the role of Joint Managing Director for the UK company in August 1998
> and, at the same time, became a main Board Director. She is married
> with two teenage sons.
>
> Q. What was your first job? A. Management trainee for British Rail.
>
> Q. What's the best and worst thing about your current job? A. The
> best thing about working for [redacted] has to be working with
> such a great group of people. The worst thing is that there are never
> enough hours in the day.
>
> Q. What do you consider is your best attribute? A. My friends tell
> me I have an outrageous sense of humor. You need one to be me!
>
> Q. Who do you admire? A. People who know exactly what they want and
> organize their lives to achieve it.
>
> Q. How has the company changed? A. Its growth. It's become huge and
> world famous.
>
> Q. What would you change about yourself? A. I'd get younger.
>
> Q. How do you relax? A. You're kidding - with teenage boys?!
>
> Q. What are your priorities? A. To enjoy life - it's not a
> rehearsal!
>

> So, the question still unresolved: is "half_pint" really the true
> owner enjoying her "outragous sense of humour", or one of the teenage
> sons who will be thankful that spanking is now illegal when his mum
> finds out?
>

> Mike

Did you read some of hps postings in other groups on usenet ?

"Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> For a while I thought that half_pint is what is called in A Place I Will
> Not Name a "froggery". That is, someone who is already pretty
> familiar with the goings-on and uses an assumed name to push all the
> well-known hot-buttons of the assembled company. But not sufficiently
> outrageous (or several warps short of a mooring) to be universally
> killfiled.
>
> But a bit of Googling on the supposed email address shows it to be a
> valid and published one. It also shows that half_pint has been using
> that address this year in various computer-oriented fora.
>
> The actual owner of the address is described like this on her company
> website:
>
> [redacted] Joint Managing Director, [redacted] UK
>
> [redacted] has been with [redacted] for over 16 years, working
> with a wide range of clients. Along with [redacted], she took on
> the role of Joint Managing Director for the UK company in August 1998
> and, at the same time, became a main Board Director. She is married
> with two teenage sons.
>
> Q. What was your first job? A. Management trainee for British Rail.
>
> Q. What's the best and worst thing about your current job? A. The
> best thing about working for [redacted] has to be working with
> such a great group of people. The worst thing is that there are never
> enough hours in the day.
>
> Q. What do you consider is your best attribute? A. My friends tell
> me I have an outrageous sense of humor. You need one to be me!
>

> Q. How has the company changed? A. Its growth. It's become huge and
> world famous.
>
> Q. What would you change about yourself? A. I'd get younger.
>
> Q. How do you relax? A. You're kidding - with teenage boys?!
>
> Q. What are your priorities? A. To enjoy life - it's not a
> rehearsal!
>

> So, the question still unresolved: is "half_pint" really the true
> owner enjoying her "outragous sense of humour", or one of the teenage
> sons who will be thankful that spanking is now illegal when his mum
> finds out?

Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS (telephone
preference service) obviously this company will have no objection
to receiving unsolicitored spam as it is quite happy delivering the stuff
itself.

Q. Who do you admire? A. People who know exactly what they want and
organize their lives to achieve it.

Please note that from the above one could conclude that she is a great
admirer
of ******, Stalin, Bin Laden, Saddem Hussain, drug dealers, drug dealers
and criminals of every persuasion including child murdering paedophiles.

Pretty nice person eh?

The afore mentioned lady was available on 0500 126 542 (freephone)
however that number now apears to have been by a more costly national
rate number on the Millward Brown site.

A rather strange decision for a company which make its living telephone
'spamming' people, including people who have specifically joiined
the TPS inorder to not receive such call.

A one off mistake perhaps? Well I was told by the person calling me that
I had been called on a 'random dial'. I have also been on the TPS for
several years.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:18:57 -0000, half_pint <[email protected]> wrote:

> Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
> The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
> company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
> a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS

So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
the rules of the road.

You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
using individual.net

--
Andy Leighton => [email protected]
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

Andy Leighton vaguely muttered something like ...
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:18:57 -0000, half_pint <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
>> The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
>> company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
>> a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS

> So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
> the rules of the road.

Isn't that often the case, though, that if one breaks one set of rules it
very easily becomes 'the norm' to break all rules if they suit, or don't,
your purpose.

> You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
> using individual.net

Yup.

--
Paul ...
http://dogpoopblog.blogspot.com/

news:[email protected]...

wrote:

> > Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
> > The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
> > company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
> > a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS

> So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
> the rules of the road.
>
> You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
> using individual.net

Why. The internet is still working I believe.

> --
> Andy Leighton => [email protected]
> "The Lord is my shepherd, but we still lost the sheep dog trials"
> - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Andy Leighton vaguely muttered something like ...
> > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:18:57 -0000, half_pint <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
> >> The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
> >> company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
> >> a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS

> > So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
> > the rules of the road.

> Isn't that often the case, though, that if one breaks one set of rules it
> very easily becomes 'the norm' to break all rules if they suit, or don't,
> your purpose.
>
> > You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
> > using individual.net

> Yup.

German are we?
The rule is to gas the Jews.

You must not break the rules, just behave like a mindless robot.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:20:13 -0000, half_pint <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Andy Leighton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:18:57 -0000, half_pint <[email protected]>

> wrote:
>> >
>> > Of course I am not the above 'anomyous' person.
>> > The specific email address is that of a group account director of a
>> > company Millward Brown which (the company) saw fit to make
>> > a marketing call to me despite me being on the TPS

>> So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
>> the rules of the road.
>>
>> You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
>> using individual.net

> Why. The internet is still working I believe.
>

>> --
>> Andy Leighton => [email protected]
>> "The Lord is my shepherd, but we still lost the sheep dog trials"
>> - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

--
Andy Leighton => [email protected]
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

In article <[email protected]>, half_pint
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Andy Leighton vaguely muttered something like ...

> > > So you show as much respect to individual.net's usage policy as you do
> > > the rules of the road.

> > Isn't that often the case, though, that if one breaks one set of rules it
> > very easily becomes 'the norm' to break all rules if they suit, or don't,
> > your purpose.
> >
> > > You should be using a real email address (owned by you) if you are
> > > using individual.net

> > Yup.

> German are we?
> The rule is to gas the Jews.
>
> You must not break the rules, just behave like a mindless robot.

*plonk*

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:23:13 -0000, "half_wit"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The rule is to gas the Jews.

Ahem. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think we all know what this means.

Move along, now, nothing to see here...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

> German are we?
> The rule is to gas the Jews.

wtf?

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:33:51 +0000, Mark Thompson wrote:

>> German are we?
>> The rule is to gas the Jews.

> wtf?

half_pint is being deliberately nasty in the hope of provoking a
response by email which will go to someone s/he is trying to annoy.

Mike

"Sara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:071220041516009209%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, half_pint
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Andy Leighton vaguely muttered something like ...

<[email protected]>

do

> > > Isn't that often the case, though, that if one breaks one set of rules

it
> > > very easily becomes 'the norm' to break all rules if they suit, or

don't,
> > > your purpose.

> > > Yup.

> > German are we?
> > The rule is to gas the Jews.
> >
> > You must not break the rules, just behave like a mindless robot.
> >

> *plonk*

*plonk*

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:11:33 -0000, "half_wit"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Merely pointing out what happens when people mindlessly obey
>rules and orders.

You managed the "mindless" part admirably.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:33 +0000, half_pint wrote:

> "Mark Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> > German are we?
>> > The rule is to gas the Jews.

>> wtf?

> Merely pointing out what happens when people mindlessly obey rules and
> orders.

You really are a complete ****. Talking of a mass genocide in the
same breath as your petty dispute is an insult.

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)

"Tony Hogarty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:33 +0000, half_pint wrote:
>

> > "Mark Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> wtf?

> > Merely pointing out what happens when people mindlessly obey rules and
> > orders.

> You really are a complete ****. Talking of a mass genocide in the
> same breath as your petty dispute is an insult.

No is isn't people did it because it was the 'thing to do'
go with the flow, 'stay out of trouble'.

Thats where things end up when mindless grovelling is the in thing.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:53:19 +0000, half_pint wrote:

>> You really are a complete ****. Talking of a mass genocide in the same
>> breath as your petty dispute is an insult.
>>

> No is isn't people did it because it was the 'thing to do' go with the
> flow, 'stay out of trouble'.
>
> Thats where things end up when mindless grovelling is the in thing.

And what's this got to do with your childish squabble? Get a life.
--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)

"half_pint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> No is isn't people did it because it was the 'thing to do'
> go with the flow, 'stay out of trouble'.
>
> Thats where things end up when mindless grovelling is the in thing.

Oooh, miss, miss, do I get to point out the discussion a few days ago where
you suggested to Mr Hansen that in fact mindless grovelling in the face of
authority was the thing to do?

(something to do with swiss army knifes I think)

clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "half_pint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > No is isn't people did it because it was the 'thing to do'
> > go with the flow, 'stay out of trouble'.
> >
> > Thats where things end up when mindless grovelling is the in thing.

> Oooh, miss, miss, do I get to point out the discussion a few days ago

where
> you suggested to Mr Hansen that in fact mindless grovelling in the face of
> authority was the thing to do?

Ah but the groveling in that situation was not mindless it was mindful
groveling,
nice try clive, go back to the corner and put your big pointy hat on.