Two TDF being contested?

mitosis said:
The best of the best triathletes time trial in the early 40 kph's. The worst of the TdeF cyclist TT at just under 50.
Of course that is after swimming for a ways. I am willing to bet if a few of the top World class tri's trained specifically on the bike for a period of 6 months that they would beat many of the TDF riders in a TT. But the point of my post was that LA was a fantastic athlete at a very early age.

Dario Frigo has NEVER tested positive, ever!

In fact Lance has (July 1999 Proloque) --and Frigo has not. Is that ironic??

Near the end of the 2001 Giro the Carbineri searched Frigo San Remo Hotel room and found illegal drugs.
Dario was 'lying' in 2nd place GC at the time.

Grand Tour Riders no longer keep drugs in their rooms. Junior World Champions do--at the AIS, but certainly not a professional UCI rider.

btw: Both Millar & Vandenbrouke used their residences--NOT a hotel room.

Just like to be clear about the 'lack of testing results' and why addicts keep doping.

whiteboytrash said:
So Frigo who tested positive in 2001 but was never caught again by testers was found 4 years later with a car full of the stuff !

So he and his wife just like carrying it around France when a really big bike race just happened to be on ?

Not to delve into minutia, but I believe they found Frigo's wife had a few vials of epo type substance in a thermos. Rumsas' wife a few years ago, was caught with quite a bit of goods in the car however. Probably a supply for more than year, or for more than one rider.
whiteboytrash said:
So Frigo who tested positive in 2001 but was never caught again by testers was found 4 years later with a car full of the stuff !

So he and his wife just like carrying it around France when a really big bike race just happened to be on ?

rejobako said:
Armstrong sued him. Anderson counterclaimed and had no leg to stand on, so they concocted this business about "androstenin" and tried to make a quick buck by extorting $500,000. Armstrong told him to shove it.

In the meantime, if Armstrong offered a monetary sum to settle, I am unaware of it; I'd appreciate a link to that, if you please, because it is typically an ethical violation for a party to provide details of settlement negotiations in pending litigation. However, presuming such an offer was made, it would be asinine for Armstrong to agree to pay a man money without ensuring that he will not "suddenly remember" additional revelations after the settlement check is cashed. Settlements of this kind are always accompanied by mutual releases and confidentiality/muzzle provisions. That doesn't necessarily mean the paying party has something to hide -- it often means he doesn't want to be badgered by the same scumbag when he runs out of money.

You may well be more up to speed on the reported facts of the Anderson suit, but you have a lot to learn about how lawsuits are settled.
The detail was in the (3rd or 4th?) deposition by Anderson which was posted on the internet. I will search back and find a link for you. Be patient.

I am very familiar with settlement negotiations under British/Australian precedent law which has basic similarities with US law. But I do note US States have varying procedural differences. These Texan variances were debated at length by US Lawyers on another forum. It was noted that LA's procedural response was incorrect and was an alleged media stunt. BTW, I am professionally qualified.

Edit:

I noticed in CyclingNews for today (20 July) the following quote from Mike Anderson, former LA personal assistant:

"After Armstrong fired me, he and his people from his personal company Luke David LLC tried to get me to sign a confidentiality agreement. For three months wages, they tried to make me sign this agreement that I would not divulge any information about him. If I did, I would have to pay a penalty of one million dollars! They wanted me to wipe out two years of my life. Armstrong called me a lot of times at my house to pressure me to sign the confidentiality agreement. When I refused to sign, they realized I had a lot of information that could be dangerous to Armstrong, so they sued me and accused me of extortion."

This was in line with Anderson's deposition and amounts to a settlement offer. Settlement offers are characterised by confidentially agreements. If settlement agreements are proceeded with on a 'without prejudice' basis then matters raised, even to admissions, cannot be used in proceedings. I would presume this applies in Texas, USA. It appears these settlement negotiations took place unrepresented and prior to the commencement of legal action.

Mark French is now age 19. He is a 4-time Junior World Champion match sprinter

He was on scholarship at AIS (Australian Institute of Sport, a taxpayer subsidized National training facility)and housed in their dorms.

On December 2, 2003 two housekeepers discovered illegal drugs in a 'sharps bucket' including horse Growth Hormones (EquiGen) and over 200 medical waste items, spent syinges swabs, empty vials etc... Why any athlete would even have a sharps bucket is questionable, yes?

Apparently, Mark's room was being used as a shooting gallery---obviously. It appeared that many track athletes were injecting illegal drugs on the AIS property.

Because such a nightmare would have prevented the Australians from participating in last summers Olympic Games in Athens----a political solution had to be acheived.

Obviously.

A few AIS biased folks wish to deny the facts--but the more you dig the worse it gets. Just three weeks ago an AIS alum, Jobie Dajka returned to the coach's office and strangled the 2004 Coach of the Year.

He did not murder him--but it was ugly.

The more you learn about cycling at elite levels, the more you understand the hormone injections and the clinical denials.

Mark French just last week had his 2 year ban lifted on appeal and will also have his $1,000 penalty refunded.

It is as if it NEVER happened!!!!! Doping is like that.

Our BALCO case is very similar as is our Lance Armstrong 1990 National Junior doping scandal and lawsuits, invloving at least three of Lance's teammates.

Ullefan said:
Excuse my ignorance, but who is this Mark French we talk about? :eek:

wolfix said:
Of course that is after swimming for a ways. I am willing to bet if a few of the top World class tri's trained specifically on the bike for a period of 6 months that they would beat many of the TDF riders in a TT. But the point of my post was that LA was a fantastic athlete at a very early age.

Fair enough.

House said:
I could have sworn it was weight not height that had the biggest affect.
Well I think weight is proportional to height (or should be). On this planet at least. I very much doubt it that Hincapie was the lightest man of the breakaway
A guy who diets and does exclusive mountain training from late April until the Tour,
I would guess that so did Pereiro, Sevilla and the rest of the riders that went with him... Unless you think that it's only Discovery that trains for the Tour and the rest of the teams spend their times in bars...
someone who has shown good climbing skills in the past following wheels in the mountains until the last 50 meters doesn't make sense???? Uh, yeah, ok.:rolleyes:
So now at 32 Hincapie the Classics rider becomes Hincapie the climber. OK... :confused: :confused: :confused: