rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Two unicycle articles in CTC mag

Started by Danny Colyer · · Last activity · 1 post · 347 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 July 2004
Last activity
20 July 2004
Original author
Danny Colyer
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
347
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. From the August/September 2004 issue of Cycle (the CTC magazine):

    York Rally at 60
    ================
    "Rain showers didn't dampen the spirits of the thousands of cyclists who
    attended the 60th York Cycle Rally on 26-27th June. The exhibition
    tents and the central arena were busy, and the highlights included:
    spectacular displays by stunt cyclist Jez Avery and unicyclist Joe
    Baxter; a Like-a-Bike challenge for the under-5s; the National Emergency
    Services Cycling Seminar; grasstrack racing; a try-out area; the history
    display; and the bike buses, one of which took off-road riders to the
    Moors."

    And in the same issue:

    Peter Clinch's Muni
    ===================
    "Being blessed with a garage for storage and cursed with being an
    equipment junkie, I ride quite a few things. The main touring bike is a
    Streetmachine GT recumbent, for big local loads theres a Burrows 8
    Freight, a mountain bike for the occasional foray into mud and rocks and
    a Brompton for a hack bike. But when it comes to cycling purely for the
    sake of cycling my Pashley Muni is the thing. I don't get very far on
    it, or see very much, and the cargo capacity is a bit limited, but it is
    enormous fun and something I do for no other reasons than it puts a
    smile on my face and because I can!

    "I came across Munis reading about the Polaris MTB orienteering event,
    and the idea was sufficiently daft to stick in my mind. Some time later
    when visiting Nicholson's in Dundee I found out that they dealt with
    Pashley and I started asking questions, which led to catalogues and
    price lists... Since a unicycle is pretty minimalist the cost was down
    in the 'visa accident' bracket, and a couple of weeks later I had it.
    It took rather longer to get to grips with actually riding it (living on
    a rough lane didn't help, but you don't learn to unicycle because it's
    easy!), and though I'm not much of a unicyclist or juggler I did
    discover on Shrove Tuesday that I can flip a pancake on the move!"

    The piece about Pete's Muni is accompanied by the unicycle picture near
    the bottom of this page:
    <URL:http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/pictures.htm>

    Sadly there's no picture of Joe in the piece about the York Rally.

    --
    Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
    <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.