Tyler 3rd best American of all time?

Tuschinski said:
I asume this is because you like Hamilton more as Hampsten? As Hampsten has a much more impressive palmares. There is no ground yet to call Hamilton third american.

Not only that Hampsten won more important multi-stage races, he also had a pretty long, pretty constant career. Hamilton simply isn't there yet. His LBL+TT win simply doesn't beat a Giro. Considering Hampsten won Romandie, and TdS twice, besides his top ranking in the TdF, Hamilton has some way to go.

Hamilton has more punch and drama. To some that is more important *shrug*. I myself think he must hope for a Vuelta win(this year?), as the other GT's are just a little too much for this little fighter.

Heh, I'll probably be proven wrong when he sweeps the competition next year... such is life:)

From what I have gleaned in the media, I do like Hamilton better as a person.

But I also think he is a more complete rider. Hampsten was nowhere in a TT compared to Hamilton. Hampsten was nowhere in a one day race, while Hamilton can and does mix it up with the best when he wants to. Hampsten was arguably a better climber, but Hamilton can climb quite well, thank you very much, has won KOM in Paris-Nice, and winning the Dauphine is pretty large. He finished second in the Giro while injured, probably would have won it but hasn't won it, but then he has to choose his strategies to match his opponents, and that means focusing on the TDF right now.

I don't really see it as a victory to victory comparison, although I suspect Hamilton will surpass Hampsten's palmares in time. I consider Hamilton to be better because he is a more complete rider, far superior in some disciplines, and closer in talent to Hampsten's strengths than Hampsten is to Hamilton in Hamilton's strengths. :cool:

Kenny wrote:

> Ras Babo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Kenny wrote:
>>

>>>This is strange. When you guys try to compare TH and AH, you also
>>>take 2.HC and WC races in consideration. Now that's an evolution!
>>>Shouldn't it have to be: "TH: 0 GT's, AH: 1 GT => AH > TH" according
>>>to the american Merckx-Amstrong comparison rules (EM: 5 TDF, LA 6 TDF
>>>=> LA >> EM (ever)). Or does this rule only apply to LA?

>>The "rule" only applies if you take morons seriously. And attribute
>>their stupidity to everyone.

> Now that's why i called it an AMERICAN rule.

Ah, I see. Everything seen on television is true, and everything read on
RBR is reality.