Tyler Farrar crash video from Paris-Nice

Kyle Legate wrote:
> bobcullinan wrote:
>> http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?op...arrar-crash-video&catid=9:race-video&Itemid=2

> Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media codecs
> installed.

It's just Flash. I see that there is no minimum required version defined
by the calling page. The default required version in the object creation
function is 7. You probably have at least 7 installed, so the function
does not give an error message or alternative content. However, it could
be that the actual required version by the video/player is still higher
than your installed version.

Are you on Intel or PowerPC? If the former:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/down...Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Linux
For the latter, there's no official Flash9 yet. See
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
You may want to try and compile your own version from an open source
player, like swfdec.

On Mar 15, 12:24 am, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> bobcullinan wrote:
> > A fan captured Farrar going down in the prologue this week. Ugh. Take
> > a look for yourself:

> >http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6...

> Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media codecs
> installed.

Here's the original video of the crash that most people have been
linking to:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4niaj_chute-paris-nice-2008-farrar-tyler_blog

Steve
http://www.steephill.tv

In article
<71950a10-2bb7-438d-9fa9-1b438a16f411@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
steephill <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 12:24 am, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> > bobcullinan wrote:
> > > A fan captured Farrar going down in the prologue this week. Ugh. Take
> > > a look for yourself:

> > >http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6...

> > Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media codecs
> > installed.

> Here's the original video of the crash that most people have been
> linking to:
>
> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4niaj_chute-paris-nice-2008-farrar-tyler_blog

"Original" is a perplexing word. The cycleto video has the base audio,
but no white-guy acoustic-guitar soundtrack, which means that they have
a source for the video other than Dailymotion.

I don't countenance the theory that cycleto has access to audio
filtering good enough to knock out the soundtrack.

On Mar 15, 10:55 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <71950a10-2bb7-438d-9fa9-1b438a16f...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  steephill <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media codecs
> > > installed.

> > Here's the original video of the crash that most people have been
> > linking to:

> >http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4niaj_chute-paris-nice-2008-farrar-...

> "Original" is a perplexing word. The cycleto video has the base audio,
> but no white-guy acoustic-guitar soundtrack, which means that they have
> a source for the video other than Dailymotion.
>
> I don't countenance the theory that cycleto has access to audio
> filtering good enough to knock out the soundtrack.

I should have said original upload. The shooter has also distributed a
version without soundtrack. Thanks for being on your toes.;

> In article
> <71950a10-2bb7-438d-9fa9-1b438a16f411@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> steephill <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media
>> > codecs
>> > installed.

>> Here's the original video of the crash that most people have been
>> linking to:
>>
>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4niaj_chute-paris-nice-2008-farrar-tyler_blog

> "Original" is a perplexing word. The cycleto video has the base audio,
> but no white-guy acoustic-guitar soundtrack,

Yes, it's a cover version of Cat Stevens' "Wild World" to be exact.

Phil H

steephill wrote:
> On Mar 15, 12:24 am, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
>> bobcullinan wrote:
>>> A fan captured Farrar going down in the prologue this week. Ugh. Take
>>> a look for yourself:
>>> http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6...

>> Not working for me. Firefox 2.0.0.12 Ubuntu 7.04 with all media codecs
>> installed.

> Here's the original video of the crash that most people have been
> linking to:
>
> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4niaj_chute-paris-nice-2008-farrar-tyler_blog

That's much better, thanks. Always link to originals.

In article <[email protected]>,
ronaldo_jeremiah <[email protected]> wrote:

> Aero bars have got to go.

Perhaps so, but I think he would have crashed in that same manner if he'd been on
regular bars.

--
tanx,
Howard