Tyler Farrar

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Heather Locklea, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Omc

    Omc Guest

  2. J Dash Me

    J Dash Me Guest

    You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
    hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.

    Velvet

    >> Oh my God! I think I am going to faint!
    >
    >That kid is a super talent. Great performance at San Diego World cup. He was in thick of things all
    >week at Pomona. Great talent for a 19 year old to mix it up with Gordo !
    >
    >OMC

  3. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
    > hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
    >
    > Velvet

    Are you being sarcastic ? I hope so, otherwise:

    -Are you saying Tillman rocks? Maybe, but he still got beat by Tyler (and Gord)

    -Pursuit ? It's not like the best TT riders in the US contest the pursuit, again, not to diss
    Tillman, but how many NRC level TTs does he win?

    -Amit

  4. Rimjobbie

    Rimjobbie Guest

    "J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
    > hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
    >
    > Velvet

    Velvet -

    If you're gonna get on a team, it's time to start with some basic tongue exercises.

    Lesson #1: take a beer bottle (not Mickey's Big Mouth) and pretend like you're doing the alphabet.

  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 3/12/03 10:55 PM, in article [email protected], "RimjOBBIE"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200 lbs and spent a week in the
    >> hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF cry in the Pursuit.
    >>
    >> Velvet
    >

    > Velvet -
    >
    > If you're gonna get on a team, it's time to start with some basic tongue exercises.
    >
    > Lesson #1: take a beer bottle (not Mickey's Big Mouth) and pretend like you're doing the alphabet.
    >
    > aka Henry ChangBang

  6. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You guys are both high! Look at Tillman's place. The guy weighs 200
    lbs and
    > > spent a week in the hospital less than a month ago. Plus, he made TF
    cry in
    > > the Pursuit.
    > >
    > > Velvet
    > >

    > Are you being sarcastic ? I hope so, otherwise:
    >
    > -Are you saying Tillman rocks? Maybe, but he still got beat by Tyler (and Gord)
    >
    > -Pursuit ? It's not like the best TT riders in the US contest the pursuit, again, not to diss
    > Tillman, but how many NRC level TTs does he win?

    All that muscle may benefit Tillman more in a pursuit than in a road TT, since it likely contributes
    to a high anaerobic capacity - important even in a 4k pursuit, not so relevant in a road TT.

    Sbeih hasn't been unable to de-throne Tillman in the pursuit of late (although I gather the track is
    not his focus), but won the national TT a few years ago.

    Despite Mr. Carney's position above, I think he'd agree that it's good to see young talent like
    Farrar come along - isn't this just his first year as a senior, or something?

    Andy Coggan

  7. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<QV_ba.3379

    > All that muscle may benefit Tillman more in a pursuit than in a road TT, since it likely
    > contributes to a high anaerobic capacity - important even in a 4k pursuit, not so relevant in a
    > road TT.

    My point was that Tillman does well in the pursuit partly because it isn't as competitive as
    NRC events.

    > Despite Mr. Carney's position above, I think he'd agree that it's good to see young talent like
    > Farrar come along - isn't this just his first year as a senior, or something?

    I don't consider Hollywood Mike's result to be "more impressive" than Farrar's, hospitalization or
    not. Of course this is just a sprint, and Farrar can do more than just ride crits.

    -Amit