Tyler for the Giro

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    I'm going out on a limb early and going to pick Tyler for the Giro this year. I like the attitude
    and form I see. I am a New England guy though and might be a bit biased. I just can't see anyone
    from Telekom doing it, Evans doesn't have enough experience, and Bobby is great but not going to win
    a major tour. Jan is out for this year. Gonna have to be Tyler with CSC and Riis for me. Bill C

    Tags:

  2. Ccoolman74

    Ccoolman74 Guest

    Good pick, too bad he isn't riding the Giro. He's slated to ride the Tour.

    Chris

  3. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (CCoolman74)

    >Good pick, too bad he isn't riding the Giro. He's slated to ride the Tour.
    >
    >Chris

    I see it Chris. I think it'd be a better decision to win the Giro than just make the podium in
    Paris. I can't see Tyler derailing ances 5th or 6th. Bill C

  4. What happens if Riis signs Ullrich? Does Tyler then focus on the Giro? Vuelta?

    "TritonRider" <[email protected]m> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >From: [email protected] (CCoolman74)
    >
    > >Good pick, too bad he isn't riding the Giro. He's slated to ride the
    Tour.

    > >Chris
    >
    > I see it Chris. I think it'd be a better decision to win the Giro than
    just
    > make the podium in Paris. I can't see Tyler derailing ances 5th or 6th. Bill C

  5. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    > I'm going out on a limb early and going to pick Tyler for the Giro this year.

    He's not riding. In fact just italian teams seem still interested in the Giro. I think it will be a
    fight between Aitor Gonzales (F. Bortolo) and Simoni (Saeco)

  6. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Davide Tosi)

    >He's not riding. In fact just italian teams seem still interested in the Giro. I think it will be a
    >fight between Aitor Gonzales (F. Bortolo) and Simoni (Saeco)

    It's a sad situation. With Hein complaining that there are too many teams and pros that they
    aren't really promoting all three Grand Tours. They all have a different flavor and all provide
    great racing. If Aitor does the Giro not the TDF he'd be my pick then. If he does the TDF only I'd
    pick him second. If he does both I'd say he wins the Giro, and 10-15th at TDF. Bill C

  7. Tim Zlogar

    Tim Zlogar Guest

    Last year he rode the Giro and Tour. Is he not doing that same program again this year?

  8. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > >From: "Frank Tantillo" [email protected]
    >
    > >What happens if Riis signs Ullrich? Does Tyler then focus on the
    Giro?
    > >Vuelta?
    >
    > I'd say that unless Jan shows incredible form that he ends up
    riding for Tyler
    > at the tour if he does go to CSC. I don't think he'd have a problem
    with that
    > this year. That said I still don't think there's much of a chance for Tyler to
    win the
    > tour. I'm going with:
    > 1. Lance
    > 2. Aitor Gonzales
    > 3. Frigo
    > 4. VDB's dog
    > 5. Tyler

    That pooch is probably really sorry he got sick.

  9. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I saw a picture and the dog was definitely not a Fox.

    > >From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]
    >
    > >That pooch is probably really sorry he got sick.
    > >

    > Too bad VDB doesn't live in America. He could get his dog a series
    on FOX.
    > Bill C

  10. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    We're all getting ahead of ourselves. While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to speculate on the grand tours, we still have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the season, really.

    Milan-San Remo

    Tour of Flanders

    Paris-Roubaix

    etc.

    Who will win those bad boys?

  11. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: easyrider [email protected]

    > While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to speculate on the grand tours, we still
    > have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the season, really.
    >
    >Milan-San Remo
    >
    >Tour of Flanders
    >
    >Paris-Roubaix
    >
    >etc.
    >
    >Who will win those bad boys?

    MSR - Cipo

    Flanders - Museeuw

    Roubaix - Boonen

    Too bad Hincapies out at least a month. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/mar03/mar17news
    About a third of the way down. Bill C

  12. No Pro

    No Pro Guest

    I don't care who wins them, I just wish I could see them on OLN, which is only showing Paris-Roubaix
    (of the spring classics) this year. :-(

    easyrider <[email protected]forums.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > We're all getting ahead of ourselves. While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to
    > speculate on the grand tours, we still have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most
    > beautiful part of the season, really.
    >
    > Milan-San Remo
    >
    > Tour of Flanders
    >
    > Paris-Roubaix
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > Who will win those bad boys?
    >

    > --
    > http://www.fantasybikerace.com/Click here to visit FantasyBikeRace.com
    >
    > FantasyBikeRace is now a FREE site!
    >
    > The Season begins with Milan-San Remo
    >

    > http://www.fantasybikerace.com/Click here to visit FantasyBikeRace.com
    >
    > FantasyBikeRace is now a FREE site!
    >
    > The Season begins with Milan-San Remo

  13. Milan-San Remo: Svorada

    Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato

    Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw

    Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa

    Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

  14. MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker

    -RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Milan-San Remo: Svorada
    >
    > Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
    >
    > Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
    >
    > Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
    >
    > Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

  15. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    MSR: Freire, Cipo or Zabel

    RVV: Museeuw, Van Petegem or Vainsteins

    PR: the one and only Museeuw

    LBL: VDB, Bettini or Frigo

    Amstel: VDB, Dekker or Freire

    greetz, www.johanmuseeuw.tk

    > MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker
    >
    > -RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe
    >
    > "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Milan-San Remo: Svorada
    > >
    > > Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
    > >
    > > Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
    > >
    > > Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
    > >
    > > Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

  16. Ronaldo Jeremiah <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
    [email protected]
    > MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot

    Museeuw will not retire this year.

    <snip

  17. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote:

    >Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot

    It would be just the 15th time ...

  18. Only three picks per race, Kenny? Daring.

    -RJ

    [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > MSR: Freire, Cipo or Zabel
    >
    > RVV: Museeuw, Van Petegem or Vainsteins
    >
    > PR: the one and only Museeuw
    >
    > LBL: VDB, Bettini or Frigo
    >
    > Amstel: VDB, Dekker or Freire
    >
    > greetz, www.johanmuseeuw.tk
    >

    > > MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker
    > >
    > > -RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe
    > >
    > > "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Milan-San Remo: Svorada
    > > >
    > > > Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
    > > >
    > > > Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
    > > >
    > > > Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
    > > >
    > > > Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

  19. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 17 Mar 2003 20:12:37 -0800, Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:
    > >"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.
    > >
    > >Amstel: Dekker
    >
    > RJ, you know the Gold Race will finish on top of the Cauberg this year? See
    > http://www.agr.nl/ws/nav 2003 heren/img/route heren 2003 big.gif

    Yes, but thanks for the reminder. I gotta admit that LANCE has to be a favorite, but I have a
    feeling those Dutchmen are going to fake him out yet again.

    -RJ