Tyler for the Giro

Tritonrider

Guest
I'm going out on a limb early and going to pick Tyler for the Giro this year. I like the attitude
and form I see. I am a New England guy though and might be a bit biased. I just can't see anyone
from Telekom doing it, Evans doesn't have enough experience, and Bobby is great but not going to win
a major tour. Jan is out for this year. Gonna have to be Tyler with CSC and Riis for me. Bill C

Good pick, too bad he isn't riding the Giro. He's slated to ride the Tour.

Chris

>From: [email protected] (CCoolman74)

>Good pick, too bad he isn't riding the Giro. He's slated to ride the Tour.
>
>Chris

I see it Chris. I think it'd be a better decision to win the Giro than just make the podium in
Paris. I can't see Tyler derailing ances 5th or 6th. Bill C

What happens if Riis signs Ullrich? Does Tyler then focus on the Giro? Vuelta?

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> I'm going out on a limb early and going to pick Tyler for the Giro this year.

He's not riding. In fact just italian teams seem still interested in the Giro. I think it will be a
fight between Aitor Gonzales (F. Bortolo) and Simoni (Saeco)

>From: [email protected] (Davide Tosi)

>He's not riding. In fact just italian teams seem still interested in the Giro. I think it will be a
>fight between Aitor Gonzales (F. Bortolo) and Simoni (Saeco)

It's a sad situation. With Hein complaining that there are too many teams and pros that they
aren't really promoting all three Grand Tours. They all have a different flavor and all provide
great racing. If Aitor does the Giro not the TDF he'd be my pick then. If he does the TDF only I'd
pick him second. If he does both I'd say he wins the Giro, and 10-15th at TDF. Bill C

Last year he rode the Giro and Tour. Is he not doing that same program again this year?

> >From: "Frank Tantillo" [email protected]
>
> >What happens if Riis signs Ullrich? Does Tyler then focus on the
Giro?
> >Vuelta?
>
> I'd say that unless Jan shows incredible form that he ends up
riding for Tyler
> at the tour if he does go to CSC. I don't think he'd have a problem
with that
> this year. That said I still don't think there's much of a chance for Tyler to
win the
> tour. I'm going with:
> 1. Lance
> 2. Aitor Gonzales
> 3. Frigo
> 4. VDB's dog
> 5. Tyler

That pooch is probably really sorry he got sick.

We're all getting ahead of ourselves. While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to speculate on the grand tours, we still have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the season, really.

Milan-San Remo

Tour of Flanders

Paris-Roubaix

etc.

Who will win those bad boys?

>From: easyrider [email protected]

> While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to speculate on the grand tours, we still
> have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the season, really.
>
>Milan-San Remo
>
>Tour of Flanders
>
>Paris-Roubaix
>
>etc.
>
>Who will win those bad boys?

MSR - Cipo

Flanders - Museeuw

Roubaix - Boonen

Too bad Hincapies out at least a month. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/mar03/mar17news
About a third of the way down. Bill C

I don't care who wins them, I just wish I could see them on OLN, which is only showing Paris-Roubaix
(of the spring classics) this year. :-(

easyrider <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> We're all getting ahead of ourselves. While, in general, I would say that it is never to early to
> speculate on the grand tours, we still have great races between now and then. Perhaps the most
> beautiful part of the season, really.
>
> Milan-San Remo
>
> Tour of Flanders
>
> Paris-Roubaix
>
> etc.
>
> Who will win those bad boys?
>

> --
> http://www.fantasybikerace.com/Click here to visit FantasyBikeRace.com
>
> FantasyBikeRace is now a FREE site!
>
> The Season begins with Milan-San Remo
>

> http://www.fantasybikerace.com/Click here to visit FantasyBikeRace.com
>
> FantasyBikeRace is now a FREE site!
>
> The Season begins with Milan-San Remo

Milan-San Remo: Svorada

Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato

Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw

Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa

Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker

-RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Milan-San Remo: Svorada
>
> Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
>
> Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
>
> Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
>
> Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

MSR: Freire, Cipo or Zabel

RVV: Museeuw, Van Petegem or Vainsteins

PR: the one and only Museeuw

LBL: VDB, Bettini or Frigo

Amstel: VDB, Dekker or Freire

greetz, www.johanmuseeuw.tk

> MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker
>
> -RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe
>
> "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Milan-San Remo: Svorada
> >
> > Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
> >
> > Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
> >
> > Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
> >
> > Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

Only three picks per race, Kenny? Daring.

-RJ

[email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> MSR: Freire, Cipo or Zabel
>
> RVV: Museeuw, Van Petegem or Vainsteins
>
> PR: the one and only Museeuw
>
> LBL: VDB, Bettini or Frigo
>
> Amstel: VDB, Dekker or Freire
>
> greetz, www.johanmuseeuw.tk
>

> > MSR: Cipo Ronde: Museeuw, who then retires on the spot PR: Tafi LBL: VDB Amstel: Dekker
> >
> > -RJ, PROgnosticator Deluxe
> >
> > "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Milan-San Remo: Svorada
> > >
> > > Ronde v. Vlaanderen: Pozzato
> > >
> > > Paris-Roubaix: Museeuw
> > >
> > > Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Astarloa
> > >
> > > Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 17 Mar 2003 20:12:37 -0800, Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:
> >"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Amstel Gold Race: Armstrong.
> >
> >Amstel: Dekker
>
> RJ, you know the Gold Race will finish on top of the Cauberg this year? See
> http://www.agr.nl/ws/nav 2003 heren/img/route heren 2003 big.gif

Yes, but thanks for the reminder. I gotta admit that LANCE has to be a favorite, but I have a
feeling those Dutchmen are going to fake him out yet again.

-RJ