Tyler Hamilton and osteopathy

fearby

Jul 19, 2003
I saw on Eurosport today Tyler Hamilton having osteopathy and he looks like he's very keen on it.It was nausea inducing to hear the clunk when the osteopath twisted his neck but it must ive some benefit.

Anyone else regularly see an osteopath?
Did it make a big or small difference?

I see a chiropractor regularly. I have a slight scoliosis that sometimes gives me problems. It really helps me - I feel better instantly after an adjustment.

There are some differences with an osteopath - but I'm not sure what they are.

:rolleyes:

I go to a chiropractor as well. I haven't been in awhile and I am regretting it. My left leg is a little bit longer than my right leg (kind of screws with my pedalling). At least for me, it makes a huge difference. My body feels off after a while and a chiro. realigns everything, making my neck/back/etc feel a lot better.

fearby said:
I saw on Eurosport today Tyler Hamilton having osteopathy and he looks like he's very keen on it.It was nausea inducing to hear the clunk when the osteopath twisted his neck but it must ive some benefit.

Anyone else regularly see an osteopath?
Did it make a big or small difference?

FYI - In the U.S., osteopaths end up with basically the same credentials as a regular medical physician and usually end up doing residencies/internships alongside allopathic doctors.. However, the training for osteopaths includes manipulation and preventative medical techniques that are similar to what chiropractors provide.

Very true. They are board certified Medical Doctors but have additional training in holistic and chiropractic healing. Nice option if that's what you are looking for, some think its a bunch of bunk.