Tyler Hamilton has left Team CSC

Willowbeauty

Guest
Now I started a thread earlier that sadly turned into nationality wars but I'll try again...........

Hamilton joins Phonak

Tyler Hamilton has left Team CSC to skipper Phonak on a two-year contract. The American told his
personal website: "I'm excited about joining the Phonak team and look forward to riding for winning
positions in 2004. "This is a very big opportunity for me but I can look back on my two years with
CSC with a lot of pride and satisfaction. "Change is never easy but my choice to sign with Phonak
was thought through very carefully." In this year's Tour de France, Hamilton crashed on the opening
stage and broke his collarbone but continued on, winning the 16th stage before finishing fourth
overall. He won two races this year, the Liege-Bastogne-Liege classic and the Tour of Romandie, but
his season was cut short after he suffered a hairline fracture in his femur after a fall in the Tour
of Holland. Tyler clinches courageous win Last year Hamilton finished second in the Giro d'Italia,
racing with a broken shoulder, but was sidelined for the rest of the season when he broke his
collarbone in August. Hamilton joins Slovenians Tadej Valjavec and Uros Murn, and Italian Daniele
Bennati as new arrivals at Phonak.

>Hamilton joins Phonak

That'll upset Nathan - and my bank balance. He/I bought this year's CSC jersey as Nathan supports
Tyler. Now he'll be wanting a Phonak jersey... sigh....

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> That'll upset Nathan - and my bank balance. He/I bought this year's CSC jersey as Nathan supports
> Tyler. Now he'll be wanting a Phonak jersey... sigh....

Gethin's easier to please, he has just ( this minute, after me shouting the news to him) asked for a
new bottle.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Gethin's easier to please, he has just ( this minute, after me shouting the news to him) asked
> >for a new bottle.
>
> Wanna swap offspring for a while? ;-)

Errr can I choose after tomorrow night's club hillclimb? I don't suppose that's a branch of sport
that you 3 get a lot of practice at?

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Errr can I choose after tomorrow night's club hillclimb? I don't suppose that's a branch of sport
> >that you 3 get a lot of practice at?
>
> Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ;-) Norfolk isn't flat!

Well after 1 week there I was homesick and I garuantee (sp?) that it doesn't have any hills
like Norton.

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Well after 1 week there I was homesick and I garuantee (sp?) that it doesn't have any hills like
> >Norton.
>
> That maybe so, but it definitely isn't flat and we have some nasty long uphill drags that sap the
> legs nicely ;-)

Ahh! What we in Wales call "flat"?

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

: That'll upset Nathan - and my bank balance. He/I bought this year's CSC jersey as Nathan supports
: Tyler. Now he'll be wanting a Phonak jersey... sigh....

I didn't think many cyclists in the UK bought team jerseys in the same way as football fans. And
this is why...!

Arthur

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Ahh! What we in Wales call "flat"?
>
> You might do, but you'd be in error :)

Norfolk, I remember it well there was this wide flat thing in the distance, someone told me it was
called a ( Correct me if I'm wrong, it's not word I use often) horison?

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

In article <1g0pfhj.zqkp3hpti8plN%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > >Ahh! What we in Wales call "flat"?
> >
> > You might do, but you'd be in error :)
>
> Norfolk, I remember it well there was this wide flat thing in the distance, someone told me it was
> called a ( Correct me if I'm wrong, it's not word I use often) horison?

I know Wales is still stuck in the dark ages but I didn't realise it was so dark that you can't tell
the land from the sky.

Colin

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Norfolk, I remember it well there was this wide flat thing in the distance, someone told me it
> >was called a ( Correct me if I'm wrong, it's not word I use often) horison?
>
> You don 't have horizons in Wales, Marc? It's the bit where land bits or sea bits & sky bits meet
> visually ;-)

Ahhhh The tops of the mountains you mean? We have them, but they don't stay on the same plane like
yours do. (1)

> Indeed, I have stood out on a North Wales beach and looked out to see - there was indeed, a
> horizon as it was sunny and not raining or cloudy :)

I almost believed you until the last bit!

> We have flat bits of Norfolk - but that's not all it is. The Broads are a flat area, as are the
> fens, which edge into Norfolk. Most of Norfolk is, however, undulating. We don't have mountains,
> but we do have hills. Even as cycling author said in her book "Slow Coast Home" and reiterated at
> Ottakars in Norwich the other night, Norfolk is "not as flat as it's made out to be.

Nothing could be! :)

> It's a good book, I'm enjoying reading it :)

(1) I was in the opticians last week and It seems I don't have strong muscles in my eyes for looking
up. The optician put it down to me having a prominent eye socket ridge ( what ever that means) I
reckon it's because the Welsh have no need to look up, all the see is more mountain if they do.

--

marc wrote:
> (1) I was in the opticians last week and It seems I don't have strong muscles in my eyes for
> looking up. The optician put it down to me having a prominent eye socket ridge ( what ever
> that means)

Its to keep the rain out of your eyes

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

AndyMorris <[email protected]> wrote:

> marc wrote:
> > (1) I was in the opticians last week and It seems I don't have strong muscles in my eyes for
> > looking up. The optician put it down to me having a prominent eye socket ridge ( what ever
> > that means)
>
> Its to keep the rain out of your eyes

Another Welsh adaptation then!