tyler hamilton

matt_ttu

Apr 7, 2003
SportsCenter here in the states really doesn't say anything about pro cycling, so we hardly ever hear anything about it except for OLN. Wondering what you all think of Tyler Hamilton? Do you think he'll ever win a grand tour? He came close last year in Italy.

matt_ttu said:
SportsCenter here in the states really doesn't say anything about pro cycling, so we hardly ever hear anything about it except for OLN. Wondering what you all think of Tyler Hamilton? Do you think he'll ever win a grand tour? He came close last year in Italy.
He uses drugs so no he will never win a Grand Tour. He also cries alot and has way to my affection for his dog tugaboat who is now dead.

matt_ttu said:

I never got the hype. His stage win at the Tour and his performance at the 2002 Giro was something special but he'll never get a GC. He's not getting any younger.

I don't know what's going on with his doping trial but there is the distinct possibility that Tyler might never ride a GT again.

Are you guys really really bored or something? Why resurrect some poor thread from over 3 years ago (nearly 4) and bash on it ????

Eden said:
Are you guys really really bored or something? Why resurrect some poor thread from over 3 years ago (nearly 4) and bash on it ????

Heh, I didn't even notice. I thought it was weird to be talking about Tyler doing well at the Giro last year.

I need sleep. :eek:

tinks said:
Heh, I didn't even notice. I thought it was weird to be talking about Tyler doing well at the Giro last year.

I need sleep. :eek:
FREE TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whiteboytrash said:
He uses drugs so no he will never win a Grand Tour. He also cries alot and has way to my affection for his dog tugaboat who is now dead.

OBTW, he was popped for blood doping, not drug doping, which isn't to say he doesn't or didn't do either or both.

Very touching and moving from cheater Hamiton... looks like he'll be drinking in the same pub as Heras next Wednesday......

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1818

Tyler Hamilton's appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the ban for blood doping imposed on him last April is set to begin this week in Denver.

Tyler Hamilton’s hearing with the Court of Arbitration for Sport is set to start in Denver on Tuesday. The former Phonak rider is attempting to clear himself after testing positive for blood doping at the 2004 Vuelta a España, which led to a two-year ban being imposed on Hamilton by the US Anti-Doping Agency on April 18, 2005.

Once submissions by both sides have been made, the CAS panel is expected to spend several weeks deliberating over the case before delivering its verdict.

Hamilton has argued the test used to determine blood doping was not reliable and had yet to be proven in an anti-doping context.

In a posting on his website, Hamilton said that “out of respect for the process and the work that is ongoing, I've agreed not to discuss my case until the proceeding is finalized.”

He did say of the case, which has now dragged on for 16 months: “All the craziness... has made me stronger, more thoughtful and more aware of the reality around me. I have a heightened appreciation for the people, places and experiences that are meaningful to me.”

matt_ttu said:

whiteboytrash said:
Very touching and moving from cheater Hamiton... looks like he'll be drinking in the same pub as Heras next Wednesday......

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1818

Tyler Hamilton's appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the ban for blood doping imposed on him last April is set to begin this week in Denver.

Tyler Hamilton’s hearing with the Court of Arbitration for Sport is set to start in Denver on Tuesday. The former Phonak rider is attempting to clear himself after testing positive for blood doping at the 2004 Vuelta a España, which led to a two-year ban being imposed on Hamilton by the US Anti-Doping Agency on April 18, 2005.

Once submissions by both sides have been made, the CAS panel is expected to spend several weeks deliberating over the case before delivering its verdict.

Hamilton has argued the test used to determine blood doping was not reliable and had yet to be proven in an anti-doping context.

In a posting on his website, Hamilton said that “out of respect for the process and the work that is ongoing, I've agreed not to discuss my case until the proceeding is finalized.”

He did say of the case, which has now dragged on for 16 months: “All the craziness... has made me stronger, more thoughtful and more aware of the reality around me. I have a heightened appreciation for the people, places and experiences that are meaningful to me.”

Tyler will be found not guilty and win the Tour.
He absolutely would have podiumed in 2003 except for the broken collarbone. Think about it.
2004 he was in even better form, and Ullrich in worse.
He would have stayed with Lance and Basso and maybe even dropped them.

You're right ! Only his half-brother he never knew he had, separated at birth who has now become part of his defence could beaten him in the 2003 Tour..... maybe his subconscious took over in 2003 and the guilt became to much and forced him to crash.... once a cheater always a cheater. Doesn't deserve the press he gets.

hombredesubaru said:
Tyler will be found not guilty and win the Tour.
He absolutely would have podiumed in 2003 except for the broken collarbone. Think about it.
2004 he was in even better form, and Ullrich in worse.
He would have stayed with Lance and Basso and maybe even dropped them.

whiteboytrash said:
Doesn't deserve the press he gets.
But he speaks English and loves dogs so he must be the greatest.
It's been proven consistently on these boards that only non-English speakers dope. You can just tell from the incomprehensible babble that comes out of their mouths.

patch70 said:
But he speaks English and loves dogs so he must be the greatest.
It's been proven consistently on these boards that only non-English speakers dope. You can just tell from the incomprehensible babble that comes out of their mouths.
...and if you're a nice guy it means you didn't do it either.

Just like Heras they both wond time-trials at the Vuelta when they got busted. Just like Heras they both had early season poor form to come back with very very good form.

USPS lest we forget.

whiteboytrash said:
...and if you're a nice guy it means you didn't do it either.

Just like Heras they both wond time-trials at the Vuelta when they got busted. Just like Heras they both had early season poor form to come back with very very good form.

USPS lest we forget.

FREE TYLER!!!!!!!!
Remember Tugboat!!!

recall Tyler won the Dauphine in 2000, when all the urines of the team were tested the following year during the frnch investigation and no EPO no nothing

recall Tyler had the fastest long ITT in the history TdF until Lance and Ullrich came through in Freiberg 2000

recall Tyler won Liege

beat Lance on Mont Ventoux in 2004 and 2000
need I go on?

Free TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!

Still think the Chimera thing is one of funniest excuses I've ever heared. Even the kids I teach I doubt could with come up with something so unbelievable.

alibat said:
Still think the Chimera thing is one of funniest excuses I've ever heared. Even the kids I teach I doubt could with come up with something so unbelievable.
Free Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobke said:
Free Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had some friends over last night for dinner who watch a good bit of tour video and are fans but don't read cyclingnews every day like I do and had no idea what the scoop was with tyler. I am still cleaning up the mess from the food they spit out while laughing uncontrollably as I explained his vanishing twin theory. Every time I try to explain this to someone it just gets funnier... but free tyler anyway. I actually don't like dogs but his wife is really attractive AND her name is Haven.

barnstorm said:
Had some friends over last night for dinner who watch a good bit of tour video and are fans but don't read cyclingnews every day like I do and had no idea what the scoop was with tyler. I am still cleaning up the mess from the food they spit out while laughing uncontrollably as I explained his vanishing twin theory. Every time I try to explain this to someone it just gets funnier... but free tyler anyway. I actually don't like dogs but his wife is really attractive AND her name is Haven.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the part where Tyler's vanishing twin vanished more and more as time passed from the Vuelta and he retested. I guess he should have gotten another transfusion during that time to give credence to his chimera argument.

hombredesubaru said:
recall Tyler won the Dauphine in 2000, when all the urines of the team were tested the following year during the frnch investigation and no EPO no nothing
Free David Millar!
Even though he admitted to using Epo, he never tested positive (because he, like anyone with half a brain, knew how to use it without testing positive), so therefore he must be innocent.
And he speaks English.
And he seems like a nice guy.
And I've heard a rumour that he owns a dog.

Tyler is like 5 foot 6 inches or seven, 140 pounds, and could kick any of your asses on a bike any day of the week-on a climb, in a time trial, or in a road race-- with or without EPO, blood transfusions etc. Think about it next time you try to write some coy, witty and sarcastic post in self-congratulatory masturbation. Oh yeah, he could kick your asses on a pair of skiis downhill or slalom as well.

Tyler is innocent and you are jealous whining never-could-have-beens.