Tyler's Reply

Richard Adams

Guest
From: http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/diaries/articles/6685.0.html

"The claim that I, along with another teammate, approached a team
doctor and asked him questions about doping products back in 1996 is
absolutely false. I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
that I never asked that man about anything of the sort. If you know
anything about me, you know this is as emphatic as I can be. I'm truly
saddened to have to respond publicly to such an accusation."

I swear on the grave of my dog

that's good enough for me.

>I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
>that I never asked

Weirdo? Won't swear on his life......hhhhhmmmmm......."I swear on George W's
hotdog and chill fries that I never uppertanked anyone. I swear."

"J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
> >that I never asked

> Weirdo? Won't swear on his life......hhhhhmmmmm......."I swear on George

W's
> hotdog and chill fries that I never uppertanked anyone. I swear."

Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
kids, mother, pet, etc. To me, this comment by Tyler means more than a
mountain of negative tests and a dozen lie detector tests. I have yet to
hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is always "we don't take
whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the present, he does not say we or I
have never taken such and such. That in itself does not prove anything but
it does make me wonder about the overly careful phrasing he uses when
addressing this topic. I truly hope neither turn out to be doping as a lot
of the positive image cycling has rec'd in recent years will be down the
tubes.

Tim McTeague

"Tim McTeague" <[email protected]> writes:

> Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
> swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
> kids, mother, pet, etc. To me, this comment by Tyler means more than a
> mountain of negative tests and a dozen lie detector tests. I have yet to
> hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is always "we don't take
> whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the present, he does not say we or I
> have never taken such and such. That in itself does not prove anything but
> it does make me wonder about the overly careful phrasing he uses when
> addressing this topic.

I'm glad you noticed. He sounds more like Tricky Dicky and/or Spiggy the
Piggy every time.

Tim McTeague wrote:

>> Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
>> swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
>> kids, mother, pet, etc.

I've never ever heard someone make an "honest swear" on the life of a dead dog.
Doubting the authenticity.

Note that the wife was apparently not consulted on this. Is she voluntary? One
wonders. --TP

"Tim McTeague" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

I have yet to hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is
> always "we don't take whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the
> present, he does not say we or I have never taken such and such. That
> in itself does not prove anything but it does make me wonder about the
> overly careful phrasing he uses when addressing this topic. I truly
> hope neither turn out to be doping as a lot of the positive image
> cycling has rec'd in recent years will be down the tubes.
>
> Tim McTeague

On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this event
(Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"

"Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.

On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
performance enhancing drugs, ever?"

"No." was Armstrong's answer.

Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

>From: "Charlie C." [email protected]

>On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
>performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
>
>"No." was Armstrong's answer.
>
>Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

On the "Is Lance an athlete?" thing. Jim Rome who knows just about all the
best US athletes on a personal basis is in awe of what Lance does. There is no
question in his mind, and he speaks his mind about as clearly as someone can.
He was raving about Lance for a big chunk of this, and last week especially.
http://www.jimrome.com/home.html

Bill C

"Callistus Valerius" wrote...

> I swear on the grave of my dog
>

> that's good enough for me.

I'm a big Tyler fan but I just bust out laughing everytime I think of this
post.

"Charlie C." wrote...

> On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this event
> (Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"
>
> "Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.
>
> On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
> performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
>
> "No." was Armstrong's answer.
>
> Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

Yes but no formal system can encompass all truth, don't you know that?

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Charlie C." wrote...
> >
> > On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this

event
> > (Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"
> >
> > "Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.
> >
> > On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
> > performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
> >
> > "No." was Armstrong's answer.
> >
> > Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

> Yes but no formal system can encompass all truth, don't you know that?

And in fact he has taken a performance enhancing drug, EPO, during cancer
treatment. So the correct answer is "yes" but not to enhance performance,
unless you consider surviving cancer to be performance enhancing.

Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
dare. :)

"B. Lafferty" wrote ...

> Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
> dare. :)

And you, Principia Mathematica

news:%[email protected]...

> And in fact he has taken a performance enhancing drug, EPO, during cancer
> treatment. So the correct answer is "yes" but not to enhance performance,
> unless you consider surviving cancer to be performance enhancing.
>
> Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
> dare. :)

Yeah, & he probably also got Novocain at the dentist at some point during
his life, which is also a banned "performance enhancing drug."

A BFD only to conspiracy twits.

Jim Flom wrote:
> And you, Principia Mathematica

Unless M. Lafferty crashes a lot, I would have thought it more appropriate
for Tyler Hamilton and Cadel Evans so they can familiarize themselves
with the principles of the law of gravitation.