Tyler's Reply

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. From: http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/diaries/articles/6685.0.html

    "The claim that I, along with another teammate, approached a team
    doctor and asked him questions about doping products back in 1996 is
    absolutely false. I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
    that I never asked that man about anything of the sort. If you know
    anything about me, you know this is as emphatic as I can be. I'm truly
    saddened to have to respond publicly to such an accusation."

    Tags:

  2. I swear on the grave of my dog

    that's good enough for me.

  3. J DASH ME

    J DASH ME Guest

    >I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
    >that I never asked

    Weirdo? Won't swear on his life......hhhhhmmmmm......."I swear on George W's
    hotdog and chill fries that I never uppertanked anyone. I swear."

  4. Tim McTeague

    Tim McTeague Guest

    "J DASH ME" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog
    > >that I never asked

    > Weirdo? Won't swear on his life......hhhhhmmmmm......."I swear on George

    W's
    > hotdog and chill fries that I never uppertanked anyone. I swear."

    Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
    swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
    kids, mother, pet, etc. To me, this comment by Tyler means more than a
    mountain of negative tests and a dozen lie detector tests. I have yet to
    hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is always "we don't take
    whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the present, he does not say we or I
    have never taken such and such. That in itself does not prove anything but
    it does make me wonder about the overly careful phrasing he uses when
    addressing this topic. I truly hope neither turn out to be doping as a lot
    of the positive image cycling has rec'd in recent years will be down the
    tubes.

    Tim McTeague

  5. "Tim McTeague" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
    > swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
    > kids, mother, pet, etc. To me, this comment by Tyler means more than a
    > mountain of negative tests and a dozen lie detector tests. I have yet to
    > hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is always "we don't take
    > whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the present, he does not say we or I
    > have never taken such and such. That in itself does not prove anything but
    > it does make me wonder about the overly careful phrasing he uses when
    > addressing this topic.

    I'm glad you noticed. He sounds more like Tricky Dicky and/or Spiggy the
    Piggy every time.

  6. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    Tim McTeague wrote:

    >> Who EVER swears on their own life? Whenever anyone makes an honest sort of
    >> swear like this they do it on the lives of those that really matter, wife,
    >> kids, mother, pet, etc.

    I've never ever heard someone make an "honest swear" on the life of a dead dog.
    Doubting the authenticity.

    Note that the wife was apparently not consulted on this. Is she voluntary? One
    wonders. --TP

  7. Charlie C.

    Charlie C. Guest

    "Tim McTeague" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    I have yet to hear Armstrong say anything like this. It is
    > always "we don't take whatever" , "I don't use X". Always in the
    > present, he does not say we or I have never taken such and such. That
    > in itself does not prove anything but it does make me wonder about the
    > overly careful phrasing he uses when addressing this topic. I truly
    > hope neither turn out to be doping as a lot of the positive image
    > cycling has rec'd in recent years will be down the tubes.
    >
    > Tim McTeague

    On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this event
    (Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"

    "Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.

    On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
    performance enhancing drugs, ever?"

    "No." was Armstrong's answer.

    Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

  8. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: "Charlie C." [email protected]

    >On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
    >performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
    >
    >"No." was Armstrong's answer.
    >
    >Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

    On the "Is Lance an athlete?" thing. Jim Rome who knows just about all the
    best US athletes on a personal basis is in awe of what Lance does. There is no
    question in his mind, and he speaks his mind about as clearly as someone can.
    He was raving about Lance for a big chunk of this, and last week especially.
    http://www.jimrome.com/home.html

    Bill C

  9. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Callistus Valerius" wrote...

    > I swear on the grave of my dog
    >

    > that's good enough for me.

    I'm a big Tyler fan but I just bust out laughing everytime I think of this
    post.

  10. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Charlie C." wrote...

    > On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this event
    > (Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"
    >
    > "Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.
    >
    > On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
    > performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
    >
    > "No." was Armstrong's answer.
    >
    > Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

    Yes but no formal system can encompass all truth, don't you know that?

  11. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Charlie C." wrote...
    > >
    > > On the Today show he was asked "Have you ever in the history of this

    event
    > > (Tour de France) ever taken performance enhancing drugs?"
    > >
    > > "Absolutly not" was Armstrong's response.
    > >
    > > On Jim Rome's show a couple of years ago "Have you ever, ever taken
    > > performance enhancing drugs, ever?"
    > >
    > > "No." was Armstrong's answer.
    > >
    > > Those answers sound pretty absolute to me.

    > Yes but no formal system can encompass all truth, don't you know that?

    And in fact he has taken a performance enhancing drug, EPO, during cancer
    treatment. So the correct answer is "yes" but not to enhance performance,
    unless you consider surviving cancer to be performance enhancing.

    Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
    dare. :)

  12. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "B. Lafferty" wrote ...

    > Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
    > dare. :)

    And you, Principia Mathematica

  13. zeno

    zeno Guest

    news:%[email protected]

    > And in fact he has taken a performance enhancing drug, EPO, during cancer
    > treatment. So the correct answer is "yes" but not to enhance performance,
    > unless you consider surviving cancer to be performance enhancing.
    >
    > Thus, Rev., his answer did not encompass all truth. Read your Gödel if you
    > dare. :)

    Yeah, & he probably also got Novocain at the dentist at some point during
    his life, which is also a banned "performance enhancing drug."

    A BFD only to conspiracy twits.

  14. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Jim Flom wrote:
    > And you, Principia Mathematica

    Unless M. Lafferty crashes a lot, I would have thought it more appropriate
    for Tyler Hamilton and Cadel Evans so they can familiarize themselves
    with the principles of the law of gravitation.

  15. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest