type 2 diabetes

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dee, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Dee

    Dee Guest

    Hi out there, I am looking for advise on managing type 2 diabetis to regain energy. Have lost weight
    and BG levels are great but not very energetic.

    Thanks for advise. Dee

    Tags:

  2. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Dee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi out there, I am looking for advise on managing type 2 diabetis to regain energy. Have lost
    > weight and BG levels are great but not very energetic.

    Diabetes in and of itself doesn't cause lack of energy. If your BG is out of whack, then that could
    be the cause, but you say it is not. Have you been checked for thyroid problems? Depression? Anemia?
    I do have a thyroid problem, but I also find that in eating the diet I must now eat to control my
    diabetes, I become easily anemic. I've had to not only take iron pills, but try to eat red meat. I
    used to be a vegetarian.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  3. Szaki

    Szaki Guest

    Eat bacon or red meat, but not too much, 2 -to -4 slice a day, that's 12 gr fat, 0 gr carb. Eat low
    carb bread also. Did you know, that bacon has less fat and collestoral, than milk or milk products?
    1 cup of milk has 15gr carb. I'm type II, also, had no energy. It's hard to exercise, when there is
    no energy.

    JS