Tyre Pressures

Topref

Guest
Can someone tell me the approximate pressure that my tyres should be at for
ordinary cycle track use. My bike's nothing special - a Dawes "One Track"
but it does me fine.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

"Topref" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Can someone tell me the approximate pressure that my tyres should be at
> for ordinary cycle track use. My bike's nothing special - a Dawes "One
> Track" but it does me fine.

What sort of tyres?

cheers,
clive

Topref wrote:
> Can someone tell me the approximate pressure that my tyres should be at for
> ordinary cycle track use. My bike's nothing special - a Dawes "One Track"
> but it does me fine.
>
> Thanks in Advance for any help.

If there is a pressure range marked on the tyre, go for the top end of
it. If not, post the type of tyre (makers name and any identifying name
or numbers) here and someone may well know.

Jon

Topref wrote:
> Can someone tell me the approximate pressure that my tyres should be at for
> ordinary cycle track use. My bike's nothing special - a Dawes "One Track"
> but it does me fine.

Whichever is the lower out of 80 psi or the limit
marked on the tyre.

BugBear

Topref wrote:
> Can someone tell me the approximate pressure that my tyres should be
> at for ordinary cycle track use. My bike's nothing special - a Dawes
> "One Track" but it does me fine.
>
> Thanks in Advance for any help.

Contrary to the usual "pump to max indicated on tyre", try Sheldon's advice.
It depends on tyre size, your weight, and to an extent, terrain.

http://sheldonbrown.com/tires.html#pressure

Question for the regulars: Where else do we hear that the limit is a
maximum, not a target ?

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

> Question for the regulars: Where else do we hear that the limit is a
> maximum, not a target ?

In my case I find the maximum is what works best for me. I know the
tyres need topping up when I'm slowing down. That's just for road use,
mind.

Pete.
--

Peter Clinch wrote on 28/06/2006 08:33 +0100:

>> Question for the regulars: Where else do we hear that the limit is a
>> maximum, not a target ?

Arbutt tandem riders regularly exceed the limit.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci