Tyre problems

joebarr

Aug 10, 2009
I fairly new to cycling and hope someone can give me some advice. After recently repairing a rear wheel puncture I've now got problems with the tyre which keeps partly coming off the rim. Could this be due to a buckled wheel as I have noticed a slight wheel wobble?
Thanks

It will not be your buckled rim, but rather a fold of the inner tube preventing the tyre bead from engaging the rim. You need to deflate the tube and spend some time working the tube completely inside the tyre beads, all the way around on both sides. Then, as you reinflate, keep a careful eye on the beads to make sure that they are seated all the way around.

When you replaced the tire, did you ensure that the part of the tire bead that is around the valve went past the tube and seated fully onto the rim? Often, the tube prevents the bead from seating if you don't push the valve away from the rim while you manually get the beads past the tube.

What looks like a wobbly wheel is sometimes just a tire that is wobbly because of this.