TYRE ROLLING RESISTANCE

Franck Collinea

Guest
Hi,

Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not heavy 26" tyre ? (riding on
road or track)

Thank you Franck

"Franck Collineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not
heavy
> 26" tyre ? (riding on road or track)
>
> Thank you Franck

Franck,

Try either the Continental Grand Prix; see some details at URL:
http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/bicycle/themes/t
ires/mtb/grand_prix_mtb/grand_prix_mtb_en.html

or the Avocet Fast Grip City; see some details at URL:
http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/carbon12_specs.html

I have tried both of these tires. They are both high quality and very low weight and low rolling
resistance.

Also read what Sheldon Brown says about rolling resistance in his fine article on bicycle tires at

David Ornee, Western Springs, IL USA

Franck Collineau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not heavy 26" tyre ? (riding on
> road or track)
>
> Thank you Franck

I like Specialized Fat Boy tires, 26 x 1.25", rated for 100 psi. Not too expensive, no useless tread
pattern, and they seem to have low rolling resistance, although I have no measured data. Don't know
if they're available in your country.

Dave Lehnen