TYRE ROLLING RESISTANCE

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Franck Collinea, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not heavy 26" tyre ? (riding on
    road or track)

    Thank you Franck

    Tags:

  2. David Ornee

    David Ornee Guest

    "Franck Collineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not
    heavy
    > 26" tyre ? (riding on road or track)
    >
    > Thank you Franck

    Franck,

    Try either the Continental Grand Prix; see some details at URL:
    http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/bicycle/themes/t
    ires/mtb/grand_prix_mtb/grand_prix_mtb_en.html

    or the Avocet Fast Grip City; see some details at URL:
    http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/carbon12_specs.html

    I have tried both of these tires. They are both high quality and very low weight and low rolling
    resistance.

    Also read what Sheldon Brown says about rolling resistance in his fine article on bicycle tires at

    David Ornee, Western Springs, IL USA

  3. Dave Lehnen

    Dave Lehnen Guest

    Franck Collineau wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anybody advise me about a good rolling resistance 26" tyre and not heavy 26" tyre ? (riding on
    > road or track)
    >
    > Thank you Franck

    I like Specialized Fat Boy tires, 26 x 1.25", rated for 100 psi. Not too expensive, no useless tread
    pattern, and they seem to have low rolling resistance, although I have no measured data. Don't know
    if they're available in your country.

    Dave Lehnen

  4. Rudge

    Rudge Guest