Tyre seal - can I let it down?

If I let down a tyre-seal treated tyre will it think the valve is a puncture
and seal it up? I need to put the tube and case on another rim as some
spokes have given up the ghost.

All answers will be gratefully received.

Steve

[email protected] wrote:
> If I let down a tyre-seal treated tyre will it think the valve is a
> puncture and seal it up?

That didn't happen with the WrenchForce pre-sealed tubes with Shrader
valves I used. In any case I doubt the valve will stick if some air is
promptly pumped in afterwards: that should clean it.

But you may loose too much sealant if you're not careful. Release air
with valve at top of wheel after allowing the liquid to settle to the
bottom.

~PB

You have to watch out for slime fibres getting into your valve and
spoiling the closure so that it will not be airtight.Clean out the
valve seat with a cotton wool bud or a paper clip after deflation.I
have been known to stab the tube to let it down rather than risk the
clogged or mucked up valve, which once caused me to throw away a tube
in frustration.Punctures are easier to fix. If you do everything slowly
you usually get away with it.
TerryJ