Tyres for Campag Vento Wheels

masont

Dec 7, 2005
Anyone got any tips for the easist tyres to fit on Vento wheels? got some Vit rubino tyres that I cannot get on!!

Thanks

I have Sircorros which are pretty similar. I've never had an issue with Rubinos. I've always strectch folding bead tyres however before fitting. I simply put my foot in one side of the tyre and both hands on the other and pull as hard as I'm able. Rotate the tyre and repeat. I usually do it 5+ times then fit the tyre.

--brett

masont said:
Anyone got any tips for the easist tyres to fit on Vento wheels? got some Vit rubino tyres that I cannot get on!!

Thanks

I had Campy Ventos for a while last year. I was using Bontrager Select, I didn't like them much, but maybe some higher level Bontragers might be good.

sideshow_bob said:
I have Sircorros which are pretty similar. I've never had an issue with Rubinos. I've always strectch folding bead tyres however before fitting. I simply put my foot in one side of the tyre and both hands on the other and pull as hard as I'm able. Rotate the tyre and repeat. I usually do it 5+ times then fit the tyre.
--brett
Sounds like a good idea, these are not the folding type but I will get that a go, probably on some new tyres:) - thanks

Here's a tip I use when installing tubeless tires on my mountain bike.

Rub a little bit of soapy water along the rim to get that last little bit of tire over the rim. They will usually slide on quite easily. The soapy water evaporates quickly so no worries. No need for levers also.