U.S. President to be impeached? "Exquisite Irony"

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by davidmc, Jun 9, 2005.

1. davidmc

davidmc New Member

WELL worth the read ;)

I am writing my Congressmen & Senator's on this matter :mad: .

Tags:

2. p38lightning

p38lightning New Member

I'll bite my lip and try not to be disrespectfull but you utter lack of knowledge of the impeachment process brings much in to question.

1.A majority of the House of Representitives must vote to convene the House Judiciary Committee to access the charges..
    2.A majority of the Judiciary Committee after examination of the charges, must deem them valid and then remand them back to the House for a vote.
    3.A majority of the House having voted that any one of the charges is justfied, remands that charge to the Senate for trial. At this point the President is said to be Impeached.(the equivilent of inditement)
    4.The Senate hears the evidence in a trial which can be ended at any time by a majority vote to dismiss.
    5.In final judgement a 2/3 vote of the Senate is needed to remove the President from office.

The key word in all of this is MAJORITY, which is exactly what the Republicans have in both the House and the Senate. I suspect that your friend Green got his name for the color of his face because he's been smoking the wrong pipe for too long!

3. davidmc

davidmc New Member

So, you're saying that Republican's overlook criminality carried out by thier own. My Patriotism & respect for the law come before my party affiliation. You dissappoint me p38, in that you or those lock-step admin. dupes place them in the reverse order :( . The Republican party, the extreme right wing faction, is expendable.

4. cpx

cpx New Member

Where is the utter lack of knowledge? Green doesn't comment much on the impeachment process ... He's just making his case that the process should be brought to bare.

Anyway, the current standings in the House, Senate, and HJC don't make it absolutely impossible do they? They just make it unlikely.

5. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

If impeachment proceedings are actually started this will be yet another balckeye for Americans; First Clinton and now Bush...You know it is funny how the Iraq war is being equated to Vietnam. Last year I was a local school fair and Bobby Jindal (an Indian Immigrant) had just lost the Governer's race for Louisiana and it was a huge blow to everyone. This idiot Katherine Blanco won and she is as mindless as the next...Anyway, Jindal was campaigning for his congressional run and I was standing there talking to a local deptuty sheriff, who's husband is in Iraq, and Jindal must have stood there for a good 20 minutes talking to the 2 of us and I remember distinctly telling him I hope the war does not become another Vietnam, with particular focus on the way the soldiers were treated when they came home from Nam.

6. zapper

zapper Banned

Based upon this leftwing crap...Ok..but while you are at it, throw in the part where you want to legalize pot...maybe he can work on that for you too..

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Who is Bobby Jindal ?
    Is he a Republican or a Democrat ?

Is he anti-war - because from your post (which isn't clear btw), you refer to
    him being only worried about how the troops will get on when they come
    back ?
    Should Jindal not be campaigning to get your country out of Iraq - they shouldn't be there in the first place ?

(BTW, I am not flaming for a fight).

8. p38lightning

p38lightning New Member

No what I'm saying is that the burden of proof will be considerable, and not in the nature of impeachable offense based on what Green says which is routed in his political dissent. Impeachment is reserved for offences such as treason, bribery, and other high crimes. Tough to prove, tougher to convince the President's own party of and not an appropriate and PRACTICAL remedy for disagreement with Presidential policy. I'm no Democrat but Bill Clinton should never have been impeached for his behavior. Green's wrong, it wasn't for sexual harassment but for lying to the American people about it. Gee the President lied...UNPRESCEDENTED! Appropriately his trial in the senate failed.

Maybe we can take a lesson from our friends in the U.K. on this. When we disagee with the President's conduct as an administrator we ought to have something like a vote of no confidence. (Nixon would have been quickly gone with this)

If you were offended I'm sorry. I respect political opposition from any concerned involved citizen. It is part of the balance of power. My political enemies are not from the "other side of the aisle" they are the apathetic, and the mindless.

9. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

Yeah I was kind of rambling...The whole point to my story was how I was saying early on that I hope the war does not turn into another Nam and I pray to god that the American public does not take their anger out on the soldiers when they do come home just like the public did in the 70's for Vietnam...This holds true for soldiers in other countries as well...

Bobby Jindal is just like Arnold...he is an immigrant and his heart is genuine...He is a straight middle of the road rebublican who wants to fix the problems and give back to the US for every opportunity that he was given when his family immigrated. He won a seat in the house and will spend the next few years there until the next governers or senate elections where he will run again and this time he will win...Especially after everyone in Louisiana has realized the gravity of their voting mistake with Blanco for Guvna'...

10. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I was in your country about 10 years ago during either Veterans day or was it
    Thanksgiving, anyhow the place where I was staying had a parade of former
    US Army Vetarans.

The WW2 guys were at the top of the parade, and then the Korea vets, and so on in chronological order except the Vietnam guys : the parade formation jumped from Korea vets to Gulf War I vets and so on.

The bulk of the formal parade passed by, with the Vietnam guys passing by the viewing stand last.
    I thought it was very very sad.
    Getting away from the politics of it, the image sent out the wrong message entirely.
    Those men, rightly or wrongly, went to Vietnam (many of them volunteered to enlist to go) and to be treated that way was very wrong.
    I mentioned how I felt to the American people I was with on the day and their attitude was "what the heck, we lost that war".
    It was as if these guys didn't count.

11. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I believe he is a politician in Louisiana of Indian (the country) origin's. I saw a program about him on tv & he seemed to be a very down to earth guy. That's why the people liked him so much. Barak Obama is the same, a 1st generation American who gives a damn about the middle & lower classes :) .
    http://www.bobbyjindal.com/

12. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Forgive me for misjudging you. Alternatively, the Downing Street Memo (DSM). if correct, contains felonious act's ( sending soldiers-middle-lower class, 20 yr olds. into a knowingly/patently false scenario resulting in >1650 military deaths w/ no end in sight among other crimes [providing false evidence in the State of the Union Address, ect...]) This is a casebook study of fascism/tyranny. Google those words & you will see the similiarities. An almost exact reproduction of Bush/Cheney's transgressions is covered word for word in Machiavelli's-"The Prince". I just read an overview of it last semester. The similiarities are chillingly accurate.

13. davidmc

davidmc New Member

This is "left wing crap" (your term) :confused:

"More than two weeks after its publication in London, a previously secret British government memorandum that reported in July 2002 that President Bush had decided to 'remove Saddam, through military action'"

"It is mighty suggestive that Lord Dearlove, the chief of MI6, came home with the impression, or interpretation, that 'the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy.' "

"...remember that it is an internal British government document, leaked to the public. As such, and since it was never intended to see the light of day, there would be no reason for it to be dishonest or distorted for the benefit of its original readers. "

This is "left wing crap" :confused: , a british gov't document, no less. Our CLOSEST ALLIES. Are you accusing the british intelligence agency of having a political agenda :confused: Come now Zap. You can't be serious :rolleyes:

That last little bit, changing the subject...Claaassic Zapper ;) .

You may very well be a "blind idealogue". >1695 perished already. For "what" :confused:

Military Fatalities: By Month
    Period US UK Other* Total Avg Days
    6-2005 28 0 0 28 2.55 11
    5-2005 80 2 6 88 2.84 31
    4-2005 52 0 0 52 1.73 30
    3-2005 36 1 3 40 1.29 31
    2-2005 58 0 2 60 2.14 28
    1-2005 107 10 10 127 4.1 31
    12-2004 72 2 3 77 2.48 31
    11-2004 137 4 0 141 4.7 30
    10-2004 63 2 2 67 2.16 31
    9-2004 80 3 4 87 2.9 30
    8-2004 66 4 5 75 2.42 31
    7-2004 54 1 3 58 1.87 31
    6-2004 42 1 7 50 1.67 30
    5-2004 80 0 4 84 2.71 31
    4-2004 135 0 5 140 4.67 30
    3-2004 52 0 0 52 1.68 31
    2-2004 20 1 2 23 0.79 29
    1-2004 47 5 0 52 1.68 31
    12-2003 40 0 8 48 1.55 31
    11-2003 82 1 27 110 3.67 30
    10-2003 44 1 2 47 1.52 31
    9-2003 31 1 1 33 1.1 30
    8-2003 35 6 2 43 1.39 31
    7-2003 48 1 0 49 1.58 31
    6-2003 30 6 0 36 1.2 30
    5-2003 37 4 0 41 1.32 31
    4-2003 74 6 0 80 2.67 30
    3-2003 65 27 0 92 7.67 12
    Total 1695 89 96 1880 2.31 815

I see more than just number's when I look at the above tally :(

http://icasualties.org/oif/

14. p38lightning

p38lightning New Member

Very sad indeed Limerickman. I was one who opposed the Vietnam war, a very unpopular position with my WW2 generation immediate family. I never treated our soldiers with contempt or disrespect, but I certainly wasn't there to great them and support them on their return or thank them for their service to our country. My debt to them is all the greater in that I never was in the service and certainly not in the line of fire. Over the years I have taken the time to thank many of the veterans that I have personaly met from all wars but especially those of my generation from the Vietnam war. The Korean war vets are also devalued in that this is another war our nation didn't "win".

Since the Vietnam era I have had little contact with my family, and now live 2500 mile away from them. The resentment and old anger from that time has never dissipated. This is a sacrifice that I gladly make in some sense a reparation for not having served and supported those who did. It is a debt that I can never pay.

15. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I was a little harsh in my last post. All party's- Democrat, Republican, & Independent, can mourn the war dead. My beef is w/ people who refuse to admit that the current U.S. President may very well have been "hell-bent" on war PRIOR to any inspections taking place in light of the Downing Street Memo ("Official British Gov't Document") which outlines predetermined outcomes & manufactured reason's tailored to meet thier view's. That has been my view from the beginning. It (my view) has been bolstered, as of late, by the release of the secret British document (DSM) stating as much. If it is true, people should call for impeachment proceedings regardless of party affiliation. I did not mean to imply that people who support Bush's action's grieve any less for the daily death's(2+/day) of young, middle-lower class soldier's, for the most part-kid's (20-something's), over there in Iraq (aka-The Meat-Grinder).

16. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Seen the new I-pod :confused: :D

17. zapper

zapper Banned

Sorry peabody but the cartoon cleary calls it a "Lie Pod"...not an "I-pod" :confused:

18. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

As I posted before I doubt that this action will ever get past committe for a vote and the Republicans will claim that the Demo's have just been waiting for an excuse to get back at them for The Clinton deal.
    More wasted press time and I have to listen to at least parts of it.

Hey can we talk some more about Ilian Gonzales too?

19. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I just remembered there is or was a resolution in the house to repel the 22nd amendment.
    That would allow "Slick Willie" to run again 2008.
    That probably has a better chance that impeachment.
    GW versus BC in 2008. Scary!!!!

20. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I got the definite impression that day that those Vietnam vets were ignored because they didn't "win" that war.
    That was certainly the impression I got from my American friends that day.

I just thought it was a very sad sight to see these guys marching along and
    people practically ignoring them.

And as you point out Korea was another war that wasn't "won" - so presumably those vets got the same response (or lack of).