U.S. Tour Coverage

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by kbs23, Jul 16, 2003.

1. kbs23

kbs23 New Member

Can anyone tell me where to find the Tour de France on T.V.? I live in CT, USA and have Comcast as my cable provider. I saw part of the tour on the Outdoor network, which is partly owned by comcast, but than the channel disapeared, I havent been able to find it again. This Sucks Lance going for five and can't find it anywhere. Poor coverage for a historic event as for I am concerned. How is everyone else watching this?

Tags:

2. eloy

eloy New Member

http://www.olntv.com/

OLN is the channel you are looking for. Daily Live coverage with multiple rebroadcasts tru the day.

Simply awesome commentary. Phil Ligget, Paul Scherwen, Bob Roll, Chris Charmichael, Frankie Andreu.

If you are into cycling and comcast doesn't have OLN it is worth changing -- they not only show the tour, but a weekly race, the giro, la vuelta....

3. matt_ttu

matt_ttu New Member

CBS is carrying a weekly update on SUnday afternoons. That is your only alternative besides OLN. I think the time is 1 or 2 EDT. But just check your tv guide for it.

4. kbs23

kbs23 New Member

Thanks for the info, yea I saw the opening of the tour on OLN, than comcast took it off the air here in New haven, CT. My only guess it must have been a showcase channel, to get me hooked , take it away, to make me order it.I'm calling comcast today, I dont know why I have 70 channels and OLN is not one of them particularly since comcast owns 40 percent of OLN. I will definatly watch the cbs coverage today. Agains thanks for the help.

5. TbosS

TbosS New Member

If you cannot get it on TV. Check out La Grande WEBlock Boucle Bar.

(I posted it somewhere else in this forum.)

It's a sidebar for your browser that offers a live TV stream, as well as live audio feeds in 5 different languages (including english of course) and minute by minute coverage.

This could help you out. But it seems that you're pretty confident that Armstrong will get his fifth title.
    I think he still has a good chance, but Ullrich is also very, very strong.

6. kbs23

kbs23 New Member

CBS does have a nice hour highlight program, also thanks for the link, Armstrong site has some good links too. Yea Ullrich is scary to watch,he is almost machinelike, he looked like a T-3 in the trials, Lance seems to be physically more challege this year, but also everyone is gunning for him, he still has the yellow; but I cant tell if he is really as vulnerable as he says he is or if it is part of a mental game. Either way I like how they push each other and its about to get really, really interesting.

7. Cycling Master

Cycling Master New Member

USPS is the best cycling team in the TDF,in europe and in the world!
    How come US TV Networks don't cover the teams achievements,particularly in the TDF?!

8. kbs23

kbs23 New Member

Did a little research and found out the the Outdoor Life network got exclusive rights to the TDF for 5 years they outbid ESPN/ABC (both own by Disney). The Funny thing is OLN got the rights to the TDF in 1999 a couple of months before Lances first win. I'm sure things would have been alot different had Lance won the year before. I have comcast cable in New Haven,CT USA, OLN which is owned partly by comcast, isnt part of the analog expanded cable package, other major cycling areas have had the same problem. Its also Ironic that Lance is in a comcast commercial and comcast in alot of areas didnt cover the race. From what I saw on OLN the coverage was really good, the problem is OLN only has 49 million subscribers compared to a larger subscriber base that ESPN. My cable AT&T , got bought out by Comcast. The bottom line is comcast sucks, and alot of comcast people feel the same way. I think OLN rights to the TDF expires next year, its not the outdoor life networks fault(which was an upstart by a former ESPN exec) its the cable companies, for not carrying OLN. This TDF was amazing, is some many different ways. To quote Robin Williams "its like NASCAR, without all the firey crashes"Kudos to Lance, Jan,and Tyler for a remarkable TDF. Can I say 6 peat in 2004?

9. Sidi

Sidi New Member

I dont have cable either but i manage with the sound coverage you can get at the main tour de france site that redirects you to the usa site. The OLN transmits live coverage for the internet for about three hours a day and i have listened to this for the last three years now and i enjoy it although i would not mind haveing cable for just this occaision.

10. fearjac

fearjac New Member

Does anyone know where I can listen to the daily Tour coverage on my computer (either live or taped)....sort of an online radio radio sports station or something?

11. martin_j001

martin_j001 New Member

try www.letour.com this website has the live commentary by Phil and Paul during the stages.

Jeff

12. tinajoy

tinajoy New Member

You can also get it on Yahoo.com......in the sports section under Tour de France. They have a live report going on.

And this year would make number six for Lance right?

13. tcklyde

tcklyde New Member

Something like that... :)