UCI Bloodpassport useless

RdBiker

Oct 20, 2005
Kohl says in an interview that the UCI's bloodpassport program is useless and that it actually helped him get a contract with Silence-Lotto. So long for it's effectiveness... :)

"Kohl moreover said that the UCI's blood passport had been a big help to his career, implying that the system does not detect doping as expected. "I had the blood passport for a year and a half, and my blood values were A-1. That's why I got my super contract with Silence-Lotto.""

"Kohl said that Silence-Lotto "saw my blood values and said, 'wow, he does that well!' Because they know that you don't finish third in the Tour simply from bread and water, that the medical aspect has to be there, too. They said, 'he's no risk, we can spend a lot of money on him.'" (SW)"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/may09/may26news2

Did we suspect that the "blood passport" is anything other than a facade? It's a system designed to keep riders within certain boundaries. As if the UCI actually cares about removing doping from the sport. They just want to remove positive tests.

Funny how the system actually assists teams in ferreting out the lazy dopers from the more calculated dopers.

jimmypop said:
Did we suspect that the "blood passport" is anything other than a facade? It's a system designed to keep riders within certain boundaries. As if the UCI actually cares about removing doping from the sport. They just want to remove positive tests.

Funny how the system actually assists teams in ferreting out the lazy dopers from the more calculated dopers.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

And for those whose head is still in the sand with regards to doping in the peloton (and for fanboys/fangirls who think that their heroes are "clean" because they haven't "tested positive"):
His continued the use of performance-enhancing substances was not hindered by doping controls. "Out of 200 controls, 198 showed nothing. And I tell you, 100 of them should have been positive. "I would give myself a shot in the morning, the controllers came an hour later - so what."

TheDarkLord said:
And for those whose head is still in the sand with regards to doping in the peloton (and for fanboys/fangirls who think that their heroes are "clean" because they haven't "tested positive"):
ddddddddd