UCI Has Got Doping Under Control.

limerickman said:
The Gripper interview was very interesting nonetheless.
her background is interesting - as she hadn't set out to be dopemeister initially.

Her views on Vino and the MIB's (men in black) were very incisive.
ASO next year are bringing in security for dope tests..... they trialled it at the worlds by where the random tests are decided at the finish line... if you're chosen a security member takes you straight to dope control rather than you having to report to dope control within one hour thus allowing time for the insertion of false urine and the use of red powder etc.

not enough out of comp testing, well i cant speak for other countries but i know one Aus pro who was tested 7am new yrs day a few yr ago - im all for the testing and think much more needs to be done but **** testing 7am new yrs day? there wud of been more grog in the sample then blood.....read the thing on cyclingnews today bout the french guy who was running for president of wada when pound stands down, possibly complete BS and sour grapes but raises an interesting point as to the work wada is doing to stop doping and the stupidity of turning down the money offered by the euro. tv council.....as for an anglo-saxon divide and traditional euro. values, well when i last looked far more euro riders (spanish and italian inparticular) are involved in doping...

foe said:
well when i last looked far more euro riders (spanish and italian inparticular) are involved in doping...
Oh gawd, not again.
More Euro's are involved because there are more of them in the peloton. But here's the thing-(nearly) all riders from all countries dope. Nobody has a monopoly on dopers and surprise, surprise, that includes Australians and anywhere else you care to name. It's a very simple concept; when are people going to finally get it.

Gregers said:
Oh gawd, not again.
More Euro's are involved because there are more of them in the peloton. But here's the thing-(nearly) all riders from all countries dope. Nobody has a monopoly on dopers and surprise, surprise, that includes Australians and anywhere else you care to name. It's a very simple concept; when are people going to finally get it.
the only reason it seems more dope, is that the successful riders in the peloton are from Italy, Spain and the Lowlands.

Smattering of other nations getting results.

But have a close look at Lauren Brochard, and his ability, particulary his ability in one week stage races, and classics. The guy was one of the more rounded talents in the peloton. I would say, he was basically an Armstrong clone. Perhaps quicker in a sprint than Armstrong.

After 1998, he was clean I believe.

You put that man, on the same Ferrari plan as Armstrong, he wins the Tour.

Do not think of Brochard as a domestique or someone like Riis. He was, and is, phenomenally talented. Very fast. And capacities that spanned all disciplines.

Casar would be competing for the podium if he got on dope. If he got on Basso dope, there would be no telling the difference, between Casar and Basso I tell you.

Lovqvist, is perhaps, a better talent than Thomas Dekker. Similar capacities, both can climb, but both are stronger in the chrono.

There are some great riders in the peloton, not getting their rightful dues.

thunder said:
Casar would be competing for the podium if he got on dope. If he got on Basso dope, there would be no telling the difference, between Casar and Basso I tell you.
Maybe he is doped to the gills and that is all he is capable of....... maybe dope gave him the talent he has. No one here on the forum knows what doping products are being used........

Lovqvist, is perhaps, a better talent than Thomas Dekker. Similar capacities, both can climb, but both are stronger in the chrono.

There are some great riders in the peloton, not getting their rightful dues.
Maybe the UCI can stop the drug tests and consult you as to what it being done out there...... You seem to have the answers.........

wolfix said:
Maybe he is doped to the gills and that is all he is capable of....... maybe dope gave him the talent he has. No one here on the forum knows what doping products are being used........

Maybe the UCI can stop the drug tests and consult you as to what it being done out there...... You seem to have the answers.........
there are a few riders in the French peloton who are clean.

Being cynical to assume they are all on it.

Gregers said:
Oh gawd, not again.
sorry yes i never mean to imply that doping was restricted to certain countries and what u say about number of riders and number cuaght doping is also very true more so i intended to point out the hypocracy and backwardness of WADA, if you listen to the french guy the so called anglo-saxon side is willing to do nothing whilst anglo saxon riders dope but the others wana say how moral they are at the control level but dope just as much as the anglo saxon side........i spose its better to have a doping control that has morals as opposed to one that is appathetic but its amusing all the same....

personally im all for testing them every day, keeping dna ect... take the job (after all they are employed by teams and it is a job) u take the conditions as part of the job but also drugs on the banned list need to be reconsidered (i know some that are banned are useless and others that arnt that are used reg. by pros with many gains) and perhaps all team doctor should instead be employed by WADA contracted out to teams and that way the doctors would have to report, and be held accountable by, WADA and not the teams and any team using outside help or doctors sanctioned ... the management of teams has as much to do with doping as the riders themselves.

just my 2, or maybe 3, cents worth