UCI Lawyer says Armstrong should be cleared of EPO accusation!!

Jono L said:
What have you been living under a rock?? You know very well the answer to that question and not it is not EPO.
No, Lim doesn't live under a rock, he lives in his shell of hatred for Armstrong. Nothing, not facts, evidence, God himself, etc. will dissuade him from that hate and everything that comes with it. All you have to do is read this thread to see the proof of this.

In the Vrijman report, WADA indicates that they asked for 'additional detail' on the lab report to assist in verifying the results.

Also in the Vrijman report, the lab indicates that they refused to supply 'additional detail' because they felt that WADA was trying to identify the riders. It's almost funny...

It is interesting to note that even though WADA suggests by those statements that they had reasons to doubt the results of the test, Pound proceeded to make numerous provocative public statements that were based upon the test results being verified and acceptable. It is clearly time to consider putting someone with a greater sense of impartiality and accuracy into the lead position.

The shame of it is, a lot of work went into setting up WADA, and it is a very necessary organization. As the Spanish investigation shows, doping is not subsiding, and continues not only to harm the credibility of sports, but poses a very real threat to the health of the athletes.

As for Ressiot and L'Equipe, they haven't exhibited the most exemplary of ethics in their pursuit of Armstrong over the seven years he was active. I wouldn't expect them to start now.

Sorry, have to quibble with the assertion that Equipe have somehow been out to 'get' Armstrong for the last 7 years - I have copies going back beyond then and there is absolutely nothing to indicate this 'anti-Armstrong' attitude either in their reportage or editorials - in fact, rather the opposite. Same with the French public, who have been generous in their support.

Lazy, again - so easy to make these assertions without actually looking at the source material.

But then it's so much easier to make a sweeping generalisation than to actually examine and present the facts, isn't it?

micron said:
Sorry, have to quibble with the assertion that Equipe have somehow been out to 'get' Armstrong for the last 7 years - I have copies going back beyond then and there is absolutely nothing to indicate this 'anti-Armstrong' attitude either in their reportage or editorials - in fact, rather the opposite. Same with the French public, who have been generous in their support.

Lazy, again - so easy to make these assertions without actually looking at the source material.

But then it's so much easier to make a sweeping generalisation than to actually examine and present the facts, isn't it?
I have a copy of L'equipe from the day after the end of the TdF 2005 where they celebrate his 7th victory. I think it's much more intresting to know who did benefit from the affair?

That may be true of the newspaper, but that is not true of Ressiot. He was out to get LA.

wolfix said:
That may be true of the newspaper, but that is not true of Ressiot. He was out to get LA.
No i don't think so and again in my view it's not really interesting, intresting is why was the information leaked and who benefits from it?

For example, were LNDD affiliates paid by L'Equipe for providing confidential data on positive testing?

cyclingheroes said:
I have a copy of L'equipe from the day after the end of the TdF 2005 where they celebrate his 7th victory. I think it's much more intresting to know who did benefit from the affair?
Was that the day before they wrote the article about how never before did the departure of a champion come with so much relief and welcome? Are you sure you dont have Sunday's paper which is sold with all the Americans still there and then Monday's paper they slammed Lance?

Anyway, L'Equipe sells newspapers so of course they benefit.
Pound benefits from catching the big fish,plus he HATES cyclists.
LNDD benefits because their superior Frnech results assures them of favor with WADA against other competitors.

Of course this is all before the blow-up and they all have egg on their faces.

limerickman said:
JU's performances in GT's has been entirely consistent throughout his career.

Armstrong's hasn't managed to explain his improvement in any satisfactory way - and thus the question as to how he dramatically improved is what is being addressed (or not addressed in the case of LA's "explanation").

The dramatic improvement that I referred to is the comparison between Armstrong's palmares/record in GT's for the period 1993-1996, vis-a-vis his record for the period 1999-2005 in GT's.

If you compare both sets of GT data, you will see that both periods bear no comaprison to each other - and thus the valid question is asked.
How did Armstrong manage to improve his performance so significantly in 1999-2005?
I agree completely with this, Armstrong was an absolute nobody when it came to the overall classification in the Tour de France prior to 1999.

Then all of a sudden in 1999 he starts to destroy all his opponents year after year in the Tour de France with great ease.

And the so-called explanation for this is that he watches what he eats and trains harder then everyone else. :p :mad:

1998 Vuelta, LA was 6 seconds off the podium in 4th place. That showed that he was a contender in GT post cancer.

Watch_be said:
I agree completely with this, Armstrong was an absolute nobody when it came to the overall classification in the Tour de France prior to 1999.:p :mad:
Then explain Indurain? His record was not much better.....I suppose you could make a case for him based on hs previous record leading up to his 1st victory .....97th place, 47th place, 17th place, and a 10th...... And his record in the other GT he raced during that time..... The Vuelta he had 4 starts and all were DNF's. Not exactly that of a champion in the making.

And when you look at Armstrongs other rides you see a cyclist that can win.When Armstrong came to Europe in those Motorolo years he did not have the coaching that Bruyneel brought to him.

wolfix said:
Then explain Indurain? His record was not much better.....I suppose you could make a case for him based on hs previous record leading up to his 1st victory .....97th place, 47th place, 17th place, and a 10th...... And his record in the other GT he raced during that time..... The Vuelta he had 4 starts and all were DNF's. Not exactly that of a champion in the making.

And when you look at Armstrongs other rides you see a cyclist that can win.When Armstrong came to Europe in those Motorolo years he did not have the coaching that Bruyneel brought to him.
Indurain worked with conconi.......nuff' said!!!

hombredesubaru said:
Was that the day before they wrote the article about how never before did the departure of a champion come with so much relief and welcome? Are you sure you dont have Sunday's paper which is sold with all the Americans still there and then Monday's paper they slammed Lance?

Anyway, L'Equipe sells newspapers so of course they benefit.
Pound benefits from catching the big fish,plus he HATES cyclists.
LNDD benefits because their superior Frnech results assures them of favor with WADA against other competitors.

Of course this is all before the blow-up and they all have egg on their faces.
No it's monday's paper and surely L'equipe benefits when people buy their newspaper. Pound doesn't hate cyclists and this story just isn't that simple.

LA: "It's shocking to me that Mr. Pound, and the people at WADA, the lab, the ministry, the organizers view the system as a unilateral system. The word 'control' doesn't just apply to the athletes. The word 'control' has to apply to the police, too, and to the organizers and the media."

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=AqbYdmctlnQ.ofwJRtOL4sB.grcF?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Armstrong also had the most money, best team, best support staff (including lawyers) and state-of-the-art equipment -- and all of it available at a moment's notice. He could jet down to train ... to the tip of L'Alpe D'Huez, or rent a wind tunnel at thousands of dollars an hour ... In short, he availed himself of every advantage the rule book allowed, sometimes in triplicate."

I so agree with that.

saluki said:
If you can't spike it, why was WADA doing spiking tests. Or, alternately, why can't you spike it with the bent proteins?
In addition to davidbod's reply - in any validation process for a test, you need definite positives and definite negatives tested at the same time as the samples you are looking at. These are the "positive controls" and "negative controls". They tell you that the test is working okay because the positive control tested positive and the negative control tested negative. If either of these is not the case, the test result for all samples in question is invalid. That is why they would have had "spiked samples".

wolfix said:

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

LA had cancer -- CANCER. Do people know how that ravages the body and changes it in many instances? Like, duh.... :cool:

mitosis said:
Here we go again. :rolleyes:
Exactly!!

Niagara falls...slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch...

(any Three Stooges fans recall tha one?) :p

No cancer doesn't ravage the body... it attacks the blood stream... what ravages the body is the chemotherapy... that is where the weight loss comes from... can't eat, can't keep food down, lack of taste, bed ridden..... generally ice is the only thing you can eat... everything else you want to vomit back up... without chemotherapy you can function normally without weight loss.... until the cancer takes over many many months later... little weight loss thou...

musette said:
LA had cancer -- CANCER. Do people know how that ravages the body and changes it in many instances? Like, duh.... :cool:

Interesting story about Mister Vrijman, the lawyer who wrote the UCI report. In yesterdays German newspaper "Die Welt" ( article is at http://www.welt.de/data/2006/07/13/956886.html ).

The German paper quotes the Danish paper "Politiken" (sorry i don't speak Danish..) and Vrijman admits that he suplied Katrin Krabbe (a German runner who was positive) with false doping kits in order to proof that the labatories are not working correct and to challenge their credibility. It worked: Krabbe won the case because Vrijman prooved that the labatory made mistakes in the procedure. He did this during his presidency of the Dutch national doping agency Necedo.

Interesting that a man like that wrote the "independent" report about Armstrong. It doesn't mean that Armstrong has doped, but it says a lot about how seriuos the UCI is in the fight against doping...
"Als Verfasser des entlastenden Berichts dient Emile Vrijman, ein Jurist aus den Niederlanden. Wie weit es allerdings mit dessen Unabhängigkeit her ist, enthüllte nun die dänische Zeitung "Politiken". Nicht nur, daß der Niederländer von der UCI für seine Dienste bezahlt wurde und ein alter Bekannter des ehemaligen UCI-Präsidenten und Armstrong-Fans Hein Verbruggen ist. In dem "Politiken"-Interview, aus dem die Wada dankbar Teile zitierte, gestand Vrijman zudem ein, 1992 der des Dopings beschuldigten deutschen Leichtathletin Katrin Krabbe aus der Bredouille geholfen zu haben.

function Ads_PopUp() {}
trpix.gif

trpix.gif

In seiner Funktion als Vorsitzender der Niederländischen Antidopingagentur Necedo besorgte Vrijman Krabbe damals auf Anfrage falsche sogenannte Doping-Kits, angeblich "um zu bewiesen, daß die Glaubwürdigkeit aller internationalen Antidopingstandards bedroht war, wenn es für Außenstehende möglich war, Katrin Krabbes Urinproben zu manipulieren". Der Plan ging auf, Krabbe wurde wegen "Fehlverhaltens bei den Antidopingprozeduren" nicht belangt."