UCI mandates helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
real Euros wear helmets?

On 4 Apr 2003 09:30:58 -0800, [email protected] (Derek B.) wrote:

>How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
>real Euros wear helmets?

No socks.

--
Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

"Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [What] will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that
> the real Euros wear helmets?

They'll start taking antibiotics for lower respiratory tract infections.

> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
> real Euros wear helmets?

www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm

John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:57:30 GMT, "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
>> real Euros wear helmets?
>
>www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm
>
>John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

Sorry, had to crosspost this.

--
Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

Derek B. wrote:
> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the

They'll start undergoing surgery for road rash.

[email protected] (Derek B.) wrote in news:[email protected]:

They will get their name or something dumb like "Daddy Yo-Yo" stenciled on their top tube.

> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show
how
> Euro they are now that the real Euros wear helmets?

You think people ride without helmets because they want to look "Euro?" Maybe a few do. But another
reason to ride without a helmet is that it feels better than riding with one.

JT

--
NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:37:31 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> >http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S18/E5401/sport_Lng0_Spo18_Evt5401_Sto415380.shtml
>
> "Belgium is the only country in Europe to have so far imposed a mandatory helmet law for races" --
> Huh? That's not true. At least Holland too. France, Italy and Spain the only ones without?

Italy had the rule for a few years in the late 80's after the death of a young Atala pro (Emilio
Rasavino?).

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>
> "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show
> how
> > Euro they are now that the real Euros wear helmets?
>
> You think people ride without helmets because they want to look "Euro?" Maybe a few do. But
> another reason to ride without a helmet is that it feels better than riding with one.

off track, but i rode to work today without a helmet- not a lot of cars around that early. it sure
as heck wasn't so i would look euro (it isn't possible to look euro on this bike
http://home.attbi.com/~parallax/bikeofshame.jpg)

heather

Will the helmets have to meet any safety standards? PTB, ISO, CE or something?

My team tried to use "Catlike" from Spain, and can't use em because they don't meet the US safety
standards, or haven't been submitted yet. Greg

>How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
>real Euros wear helmets?
>
>

Well, they can wear those really ugly Euro helmets, like the Limars and the funky foam hats that
Lampre was wearing. Greg

xzzy wrote:
> "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
>> real Euros wear helmets?
>
> www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm
>

Hehe. I used to do a couple of sets each morning like this until I turned fifty. Seemed my knees
were taking a little to much strain after that.

--
Perre

Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

Steve McGinty wrote:
>
> You could at least have cleaned the sidewalls, h
>

yeah, that sidewall thread gave me a laugh, for obvious reasons..

i cleaned my bike really well once, after ronde champ complained about dirty bikes, but it only
lasted until i rode again. it immediately became mud covered, so i said, "screw this ****." now i
just clean the chain and brush the goop out of the little rings the chain goes on.

this bike only cost $200 total, so one can see that i'm not too motivated to protect my
"investment", although i am fond of my bike (and don't pretend y'all don't have feelings for your
own bikes)

h

Status
Not open for further replies.