UCI mandates helmets

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Derek B.

    Derek B. Guest

    How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    real Euros wear helmets?

  2. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On 4 Apr 2003 09:30:58 -0800, [email protected] (Derek B.) wrote:

    >How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    >real Euros wear helmets?

    No socks.

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [What] will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that
    > the real Euros wear helmets?

    They'll start taking antibiotics for lower respiratory tract infections.

  4. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    > real Euros wear helmets?

    www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

  5. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:57:30 GMT, "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    >> real Euros wear helmets?
    >
    >www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm
    >
    >John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    Sorry, had to crosspost this.

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  6. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Derek B. wrote:
    > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    > real Euros wear helmets?

    They'll start undergoing surgery for road rash.

  7. [email protected] (Derek B.) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    > real Euros wear helmets?

    white shorts.

  8. [email protected] (Derek B.) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    > real Euros wear helmets?

    They will get their name or something dumb like "Daddy Yo-Yo" stenciled on their top tube.

  9. "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show
    how
    > Euro they are now that the real Euros wear helmets?

    You think people ride without helmets because they want to look "Euro?" Maybe a few do. But another
    reason to ride without a helmet is that it feels better than riding with one.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  10. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:37:31 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > >http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S18/E5401/sport_Lng0_Spo18_Evt5401_Sto415380.shtml
    >
    > "Belgium is the only country in Europe to have so far imposed a mandatory helmet law for races" --
    > Huh? That's not true. At least Holland too. France, Italy and Spain the only ones without?

    Italy had the rule for a few years in the late 80's after the death of a young Atala pro (Emilio
    Rasavino?).

  11. John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

    > "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show
    > how
    > > Euro they are now that the real Euros wear helmets?
    >
    > You think people ride without helmets because they want to look "Euro?" Maybe a few do. But
    > another reason to ride without a helmet is that it feels better than riding with one.

    off track, but i rode to work today without a helmet- not a lot of cars around that early. it sure
    as heck wasn't so i would look euro (it isn't possible to look euro on this bike
    http://home.attbi.com/~parallax/bikeofshame.jpg)

    heather

  12. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Will the helmets have to meet any safety standards? PTB, ISO, CE or something?

    My team tried to use "Catlike" from Spain, and can't use em because they don't meet the US safety
    standards, or haven't been submitted yet. Greg

  13. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    >How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    >real Euros wear helmets?

    Well, they can wear those really ugly Euro helmets, like the Limars and the funky foam hats that
    Lampre was wearing. Greg

  14. Blind Freddy

    Blind Freddy Guest

  15. xzzy wrote:
    > "Derek B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> How will all the cool non-helmeted "Euro" wannabes do now to show how Euro they are now that the
    >> real Euros wear helmets?
    >
    > www.bicyclecam.com/mpropersquat.htm

    Hehe. I used to do a couple of sets each morning like this until I turned fifty. Seemed my knees
    were taking a little to much strain after that.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  16. Steve McGinty wrote:

    > You could at least have cleaned the sidewalls, h

    yeah, that sidewall thread gave me a laugh, for obvious reasons..

    i cleaned my bike really well once, after ronde champ complained about dirty bikes, but it only
    lasted until i rode again. it immediately became mud covered, so i said, "screw this shit." now i
    just clean the chain and brush the goop out of the little rings the chain goes on.

    this bike only cost $200 total, so one can see that i'm not too motivated to protect my
    "investment", although i am fond of my bike (and don't pretend y'all don't have feelings for your
    own bikes)