UCI requiring Team Coast to put 3 months of Ullrich's salary

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Heinz Getzler, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr15news2) "Jan Ullrich will not be
    allowed to start in the Vuelta a Aragon on Wednesday unless Team Coast pays the required three month
    bank guarantee to the UCI to cover his salary. So far, the UCI has received nothing in the way of
    payment from Coast, and only granted him a provisional licence to start in the Circuit de la Sarthe
    last week after Team Coast showed a letter of intent from bike manufacturer Bianchi to co-sponsor
    the team in future.

    The official word from the UCI was, "No bank guarantee, no Ullrich," and it looks unlikely that the
    estimated ?500,000 plus sum will make it in time for Wednesday. Team Coast's boss G√ľnther Dahms,
    Ullrich's manager Wolfgang Strohband, and UCI president Hein Verbruggen will meet tomorrow to
    discuss the matter."

    Is this ridiculous or what, Team Coast shoud have resolved this matter weeks ago.. Jan's season is
    being wasted by Coast's nepotism, it's time for him to bail.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Is this ridiculous or what, Team Coast shoud have resolved this matter weeks ago.. Jan's season is
    > being wasted by Coast's nepotism, it's time for him to bail.

    It is ridiculous, but the latest latest is that Ullrich will in fact be allowed to start.
    Tres messy.

    cheers, Jeff

  3. Bart

    Bart Guest

    I'm sure the Coast CEO will blame delays in the arrangements on Easter Monday bank holiday.

  4. [email protected] (Bart) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm sure the Coast CEO will blame delays in the arrangements on Easter Monday bank holiday.

    I think Ullrich should demand that Coast put up 6 months of his salary.

  5. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Bart) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm sure the Coast CEO will blame delays in the arrangements on Easter Monday bank holiday.
    >
    > I think Ullrich should demand that Coast put up 6 months of his salary.

    I don't think so. He took his chance by signing with Coast...no he has to live with it.