UCI requiring Team Coast to put 3 months of Ullrich's salary

Heinz Getzler

Guest
Cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr15news2) "Jan Ullrich will not be
allowed to start in the Vuelta a Aragon on Wednesday unless Team Coast pays the required three month
bank guarantee to the UCI to cover his salary. So far, the UCI has received nothing in the way of
payment from Coast, and only granted him a provisional licence to start in the Circuit de la Sarthe
last week after Team Coast showed a letter of intent from bike manufacturer Bianchi to co-sponsor
the team in future.

The official word from the UCI was, "No bank guarantee, no Ullrich," and it looks unlikely that the
estimated ?500,000 plus sum will make it in time for Wednesday. Team Coast's boss Günther Dahms,
Ullrich's manager Wolfgang Strohband, and UCI president Hein Verbruggen will meet tomorrow to
discuss the matter."

Is this ridiculous or what, Team Coast shoud have resolved this matter weeks ago.. Jan's season is
being wasted by Coast's nepotism, it's time for him to bail.

"Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Is this ridiculous or what, Team Coast shoud have resolved this matter weeks ago.. Jan's season is
> being wasted by Coast's nepotism, it's time for him to bail.

It is ridiculous, but the latest latest is that Ullrich will in fact be allowed to start.
Tres messy.

cheers, Jeff

I'm sure the Coast CEO will blame delays in the arrangements on Easter Monday bank holiday.

[email protected] (Bart) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm sure the Coast CEO will blame delays in the arrangements on Easter Monday bank holiday.

I think Ullrich should demand that Coast put up 6 months of his salary.