UCI Suing Pound

Geraard Spergen

Guest
http://www.velonews.com/article/73501/uci-suing-****-pound

**********
"Indeed, on many occasions, Mr. Pound has publicly questioned the extent
of the UCI’s efforts in the fight against doping," the UCI said.
**********
This just gets crazier and crazier.

>http://www.velonews.com/article/73501/uci-suing-****-pound
>**********
>"Indeed, on many occasions, Mr. Pound has publicly questioned the
>extent of the UCI's efforts in the fight against doping,"
>the UCI said.
>**********
>This just gets crazier and crazier.

Undeniably,Clearly,Insane - UCI

...the PR looks quite amateurish as well...

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

On Mar 20, 11:11 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:

> ..the PR looks quite amateurish as well...
>
> Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

dumbass,

cycling people are morons when it comes to PR and can't see beyond
their point of view.

this is like the spanish pros staging a boycott after operation
puerto.

outsiders don't see cycling as being persecuted, they see a
hypocritical and dirty sport that becomes defensive when challenged on
the doping issue.

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:32:05 -0700 (PDT), Amit Ghosh <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Mar 20, 11:11 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>

>> ..the PR looks quite amateurish as well...
>>
>> Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

>dumbass,
>
>cycling people are morons when it comes to PR and can't see beyond
>their point of view.
>
>this is like the spanish pros staging a boycott after operation
>puerto.
>
>outsiders don't see cycling as being persecuted, they see a
>hypocritical and dirty sport that becomes defensive when challenged on
>the doping issue.

Actually not. The overwhelming majority of noncyclists and non-race-fans I know,
and I know a lot more normal people than bike geeks, are surprised to hear that
they all aren't doped to the gills and rightfully and deservedly so. They all
are certain that they'd want to take something to do insane things like race
2500 miles in three weeks and don't see any sort of moral aspect to it. They do
see a weird and confusing approach to the doping issue that makes no sense.

They don't see the sport as dirty, just incomprehensible. Which is true of
almost all aspects of road racing, not just doping. What they do know and
understand of doping is politics, which they mostly interpret in the same way
that they understand other aspects of the relationship between France and the
rest of the world. Because of the prominence of the TdF and France's centrality
in doping this is all they know. I'll be interested to see what they think of
the Van Impe incident.

It is only the peripheral bike geek who rides the moral high horse. The rest of
the world shrugs.

Ron

On Mar 21, 10:32 am, Amit Ghosh <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 11:11 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>

> > ..the PR looks quite amateurish as well...

> > Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

> dumbass,
>
> cycling people are morons when it comes to PR and can't see beyond
> their point of view.

Two opinions in that sentence.

> this is like the spanish pros staging a boycott after operation
> puerto.

Or, you could say it's like the soccer players "connected with" Puerto
not feeling the need to boycott.

> outsiders don't see cycling as being persecuted, they see a
> hypocritical and dirty sport that becomes defensive when challenged on
> the doping issue.

More opinions, showing bias.

You haven't heard about the Mitchell Report? Lots of people became
instant "insiders" when that came out <g>. Remember? Owners and
management had a nice big share of blame for the doping problem in
baseball placed squarely on their shoulders-- that means that many in
the public understand "hypocrisy in major league baseball in regard to
widespread use of prohibited performance-enhancing substances".

Hypocrisy? Jesus Christ, just wait till Clemens and Bonds sit on their
perches and sing!

That will be entertaining but few "secrets" will be revealed
(opinion); the public is already well aware of suspensions for drug
use in (USA) football and baseball. "Outsiders" don't care about
cycling in the first place, would be my opinion (or cyclists wouldn't
get hassled on the road quite so much) but if they bothered to read up
on what's going on, they would (opinion) quickly come to the
understanding that cyclists are the whipping boys of the dope nazis.

If you haven't noticed: Your people took a big hit with the Van Impe
affair. Speaking of public opinion.

Maybe that will help when it comes time to settle this lawsuit; Pound
is an asshole who rode roughshod where he pleased. Maybe he and his
ilk will learn a little respect. If not, fear will do just fine
(opinion).

BTW, everything you post on this subject sounds bitter and naively--
but meanly-- moralistic. So someone told you. --D-y

On Mar 20, 4:17 pm, Geraard Spergen <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/article/73501/uci-suing-****-pound
>
> **********
> "Indeed, on many occasions, Mr. Pound has publicly questioned the extent
> of the UCI's efforts in the fight against doping," the UCI said.
> **********
> This just gets crazier and crazier.

Didn't think it was April 1st, yet.

On Mar 21, 4:49 pm, critposer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 4:17 pm, Geraard Spergen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://www.velonews.com/article/73501/uci-suing-****-pound

> > **********
> > "Indeed, on many occasions, Mr. Pound has publicly questioned the extent
> > of the UCI's efforts in the fight against doping," the UCI said.
> > **********
> > This just gets crazier and crazier.

> Didn't think it was April 1st, yet.

I keep thinking "Who the hell do you cheer on in this one?" Think I'll
just hope for a really bloody, bruising battle with all the dirty
laundry out on the line. We KNOW Pound wont shut up.
Bill C

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> This just gets crazier and crazier.

Its kind of funny, unless of course its your license fees which are being
used to pay the lawyers.