UCI Track Cycling World Championships

Discussion in 'Track Racing' started by kelvinmack, Jan 28, 2005.

1. kelvinmack

kelvinmack New Member

Alright folks. I just ordered two all event passes for the Worlds Track Comp here in LA. It seems to me that the pricing is really fair. I got two general admission passes for $150.00. Good for all sessions and who needs assigned seats anyway, it's fun to move around. Only want to go to one session? It's only $15.50 for admission. That's hard to beat. Let me tell you it is really worth it. I had a great time at the World Cup Classics back in December.

Lets get as many people as possible out there. Show them that Americans can and will support track racing here at home.

http://www.homedepotcenter.com/events/report.sps?iEventID=16309&categoryid=406

See you there.

By the way, I don't have any relationship with the Velodrome administration whatsoever, this is just me trying to get people to support Track racing in general.

Tags:

2. Keirin Girl

Keirin Girl New Member

I am sure it will be absolutely awesome and that you will enjoy every minute of it. Watching bike racing on tv is one thing, but the atmosphere inside a velodrome where the best riders in the world are performing is ten times better!
    I am going to watch the Revolution meeting at Manchester tomorrow night and I am really looking forward to it. I fell off at Manchester on Wednesday night and left a lovely deep scratch down the north banking. It will be interesting to see some top quality riders riding over my handiwork!
    Have fun,
    Keirin Girl :)

3. closesupport

closesupport Banned

did you go, thats tonight ain't it 29th January, i wanted to go but cash flow has indered my efforts to go watch or to take track sessions. so i'll be spending my time on the roads and the trainer, with a new job requiring an aditional 15miles perday. 17.9 miles on the trainer each night.

You don't want to pay for me some track sessions do you.. maybe i could setup a donations pole, get chris racing 2005 appeal... you want to donate some funds :D

i went last to revolution in november.

4. Keirin Girl

Keirin Girl New Member

Yes, I went last night and it was absolutely excellent. A full house, close racing and only one serious crash. Last one of the current series is next month, so sell the turbo trainer and get a ticket.
    Best wishes,
    Keirin Girl:D

5. closesupport

closesupport Banned

Its not a turbo trainer, ITS A VIRTUAL REALITY TRAINER cheeper than a power tap and doesn't cost anything to use, well nothing more than the electric for the trainer and the computer, it allows me to ride in any weather and offers alittle more structure to riding and also a new method of training that i can see improvements with.

If only the rental bikes at manchester offered a similar device that offered you some kind of incentive, rather than riding around blind to your speed you cadence or the amount of power you can generate.

I love this trainer, i wouldn't give it up for all the tea in china. Ooops! you can't see it in the picture to well, but i don't like taking my baby out in the rain, so now i get to ride her all year around and use my other roadie and MTB for poorer weather